PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else despise the Sun?

KeeKee
11-02-16, 12:44
I'm not sure why, but I absolutely hate the Sun. It's supposedly Winter yet we've had snow once, a few dreary days and the rest has been Sunny. It's making me feel miserable.
I think I'm the only person who hates it and I'm hoping so much for rainy, dark days before the Winter goes on its merry way.
I feel like a weirdo, but waking up to the patter of rain on the window is bliss. I love going out after dark when it's raining, when my daughter sleeps out I try to get my partner to go for a late night walk although it's rarely successful.
Boo hoo I'm dreading the Summer already :-(

pulisa
11-02-16, 13:26
I thought you meant the Sun newspaper for a moment!:D

MrsCav
11-02-16, 13:38
:roflmao:Nice one Pulisa!!

KeeKee - Where do you live?? All I've seen is rain and rain and more rain .... if you are seeing the sun then I need to move. I don't do hot weather but I like to see the sun and blue sky. I'm fed up of seeing grey and miserable weather.

KeeKee
11-02-16, 14:03
Haha well I'm not a fan of newspapers so I suppose that too!
I live in the North East. It's been bright for days on end, it isn't warm, I even have my fire on, it's just horrid. I can't stand bright days even when I'm indoors.
I think I have reverse SAD. We keep being told the rain is coming but it never makes an appearance. I imagine this is how people feel in the Summer when it's continously wet.

feelthelove
11-02-16, 14:37
no i love the sun and cant wait for summer . Its good to lift depression and is good for people with anxiety as it provides us with natural vit D .

KeeKee
11-02-16, 15:06
no i love the sun and cant wait for summer . Its good to lift depression and is good for people with anxiety as it provides us with natural vit D .

I wish that was the case for me. I'm depressed year round but in the Summer I just feel super miserable too and all I want to do is sleep.

pulisa
11-02-16, 18:16
I don't know what all the fuss is about re the sun. It doesn't affect my mood one bit. I quite like the Winter anyway.

ohwell123
11-02-16, 18:39
I like winter nights however I find dull grey winter days extremely affect my mood

KeeKee
11-02-16, 18:54
I don't know what all the fuss is about re the sun. It doesn't affect my mood one bit. I quite like the Winter anyway.
Finally someone like me!

---------- Post added at 18:54 ---------- Previous post was at 18:52 ----------

so I`m not having it that its sunny round the north east. I`m certain it`s not allowed, it says so in the magna carta or possibly the bible :D

Haha. Could you please contact mother nature and tell her to sort this out then as it's clearly illegal or something!

almamatters
11-02-16, 18:54
I like it when it gets dark early , I always feel I should be outside doing stuff on the summer nights and i sometimes I can't face going out. I like the sun though.

KeeKee
11-02-16, 18:57
I like winter nights however I find dull grey winter days extremely affect my mood

Quite a few people are like that. I'm not sure why I hate the bright days so much but today's been a nightmare I even ended up having a nap as I was so miserable haha. Im not all there

---------- Post added at 18:57 ---------- Previous post was at 18:55 ----------

Almamatters I love the dark nights. In the Summer all the people are in their gardens until ridiculously late (as they are entitled to of course) and I hate it so much. I don't like walking past people either and in the Summer that's virtually impossible. We don't have a big fence up in our back garden either so I can't get any privacy outdoors whatsoever :weep:

MyNameIsTerry
12-02-16, 06:47
Erm...

1. Doesn't like the sun.
2. The sun makes her low.
3. The dark makes her feel happier.
4. Reads horror books.

I'm starting to worry about you, Keekee. White or red wine? :winks:

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/horror/vampire-cape-smiley-emoticon.gif (http://www.sherv.net/)

:roflmao:

KeeKee
12-02-16, 09:48
Erm...

1. Doesn't like the sun.
2. The sun makes her low.
3. The dark makes her feel happier.
4. Reads horror books.

I'm starting to worry about you, Keekee. White or red wine? :winks:

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/horror/vampire-cape-smiley-emoticon.gif (http://www.sherv.net/)

:roflmao:

Haha, I don't drink so neither.
My choice of beverage is a red colour though, thicker than water with a slight metallic taste.......

MyNameIsTerry
12-02-16, 10:04
Haha, I don't drink so neither.
My choice of beverage is a red colour though, thicker than water with a slight metallic taste.......

Sounds a bit like Irn Bru :winks:

GingerFish
12-02-16, 12:21
I used to feel better when it was sunny a few years ago but in the last year or 2, sunny days have made my anxiety and depression a lot worse. Yesterday was like a full on summers day and tbh, I felt awful. I think its maybe my depression hating everything that is light and fun and then also I remember when its a sunny day, everywhere seems to be more busy with people and that is the last thing I want to deal with when I am out and I feel like crap.

KeeKee
12-02-16, 18:46
Gingerfish I'm the same in regards to the Summer being more 'fun' and everywhere more crowded. I hate it. I also hate it when I'm called miserable for not liking the Summer, yet those same people do nothing but moan about the Winter. Yesterday was an awfully bright day. Today wasn't as bad but I'd have preferred the rain my weather app had promised.

mezzaninedoor
16-02-16, 13:32
I initially thought this meant the Sun newspaper, in which case, Yes!

Sparkling_Fairy
16-02-16, 14:21
I can say that living in Ireland, I HATE the rain and long for some sun.
We had a dismal summer. Where all of Europe had a heatwave, we had rain rain rain. Since November, I think we've had 3 dry days.
If you hate the sun, move to Ireland :P I'm not a fan of hot & sticky, but right now I would love to be somewhere hot & sunny.

KeeKee
16-02-16, 17:26
I can say that living in Ireland, I HATE the rain and long for some sun.
We had a dismal summer. Where all of Europe had a heatwave, we had rain rain rain. Since November, I think we've had 3 dry days.
If you hate the sun, move to Ireland :P I'm not a fan of hot & sticky, but right now I would love to be somewhere hot & sunny.

Sounds good to me :-)

Although I'm not into very windy weather either or areas that flood so if that's common in Ireland I'll have to stay put, however if I could choose any single weather it would be rain. I absolutely love the rain the way 'normal' Pete love the sun. We've had a lovely dull day today. Even started drizzling on my way home. Bliss!

Sparkling_Fairy
16-02-16, 18:49
Sounds good to me :-)

Although I'm not into very windy weather either or areas that flood so if that's common in Ireland I'll have to stay put, however if I could choose any single weather it would be rain. I absolutely love the rain the way 'normal' Pete love the sun. We've had a lovely dull day today. Even started drizzling on my way home. Bliss!

Hmmm, depends where you go. Where I am we don't get a lot of flooding, but we do get very windy weather. I guess that's no good for you then :)

1,5 weeks and I'm in Florida for a whole month, just soaking up the sunshine!