PDA

View Full Version : What's your head feel like ?

Savvy_Darling
11-02-16, 15:40
Hi everyone ,
I'm about to ask a very odd question / favor.

Can you feel your head for me?

Reason being is that in another post I posted about hitting my head off a wooden beam and being totally terrified of brain bleeding.
Well, upon feeling around my head I have noticed that on the top of my head right before it starts to curve to the back I feel like I have a slight flattened spot in the middle on top of my head. Like rounded on the sides but a dent in the middle on the top right before where your head starts to become the back of your skull.

My apologies if that's confusing! I'm just trying to explain the right area. Lol.

Anyways, I really don't know if my head has felt like this forever or if this is a dent from hitting my head. I'm which case, I'd be very concerned about my brain bleeding from this.

My boyfriend felt his moms head for me and said hers feels similar to mine. I'm not sure if he's lying to make me fe better or not and he says my head feels fine.

So I was wondering if I could get some of you to feel your head and let me know if you have any similar flat or dent spots.

Again think about putting your hand right on top of your head towards the back but not the back of your head. That's where I felt this dent.

I'm not sure if skulls are suppose to be completely round or what and honestly I don't know if my anxiety after hitting my head has made me feel this dent or whatever when it's been there forever.

And anyways, if you actually dented your skull from bumping your head would you be in more pain? I've just had a mild headache and more of a tender head when laying down.

Just trying to ease my panic about my head and getting this whole "dented skull" and brain bleeding idea outta my thoughts. /:

Thanks and I hope this isn't weird to anyone. It's for educational purposes! :roflmao:

Fishmanpa
11-02-16, 15:49
Our skulls are not made of smooth porcelain and much like a fingerprint, every skull is different. Some are pointy, some are bumpy etc. You didn't "dent" your skull I'm quite sure and you're allowing your anxiety to run away with you.

Positive thoughts

Phuzella
11-02-16, 16:19
Mine feels like that lol
And I bumped my head twice last week but the flattish bit has always been there :)

Fishmanpa
11-02-16, 16:22
The visual of everyone feeling their heads (I'm not going to do that! ~lol~) is rather comical :D

Positive thoughts

Phuzella
11-02-16, 16:24
I was actually chuckling as I did it :D

Savvy_Darling
11-02-16, 17:35
Phuzella- thanks for being apart of my experiment lol I'm actually very curious about this.

And yes after I posted this I laughed to myself. Such an odd thing to ask people but I just feel like I never noticed my head feeling like this. I guess my anxiety of hitting my head has made me very anxious about things and maybe I discovered this because of it.
I don't know but apart from me being worried it's a dent from hitting it I also laugh at the fact I really am convinced I dented my darn head. Jeez.

Phuzella
11-02-16, 17:44
When I bumped my head I was convinced it caused a ridge along the middle but I'm sure that's always been there lolol

Savvy_Darling
11-02-16, 17:52
Thank god! Lol now I don't feel crazy. I guess after hitting our heads we felt around for a bump or soreness and probably came across this. Because I know I really never felt around my skull so intensely before this! Lol

Phuzella
11-02-16, 18:46
I bumped mine in a supermarket so apart from the pain, I felt quite silly :roflmao:

Mi
11-02-16, 19:13
I just checked mine and I've got that too so I'd say it was normal :)

Fishmanpa
11-02-16, 19:42
Can you imagine what Worf from Star Trek must go through?

Positive thoughts

Savvy_Darling
11-02-16, 19:49
I just checked mine and I've got that too so I'd say it was normal :)

That's a relief , I guess it helps me a lot knowing its normal and that I didn't cause it myself! Thanks Mi :)

shirlp
11-02-16, 20:26
I would say the more u play about with it u will make it hurt.. Plus u will b paranoid about it.. I'd say its normal.. My head is giving me anxiety at the minute so I can't feel about with mine. X

LilGsMama
11-02-16, 20:33
I would say the more u play about with it u will make it hurt.. Plus u will b paranoid about it.. I'd say its normal.. My head is giving me anxiety at the minute so I can't feel about with mine. X

I'm with shirlp ^^^.. I'm not fiddling around with mine, I'll find something that my over-active mind will connect to my ridiculous ear problem :doh:

Savvy_Darling
11-02-16, 20:39
You're right shirlp, probably shouldn't feel around as much.
It does seem to be more sore when I lay down like on a pillow. Hoping that's okay , been almost 2 days since I bumped it. /:

---------- Post added at 15:39 ---------- Previous post was at 15:34 ----------

& that's alright lilgsmama!
Maybe I shoulda included a disclaimer saying don't attempt if you're already having some type of head anxiety. Lol

half-empty
11-02-16, 20:53
once my son fell over in the kitchen and banged his head on the drawer handle, he did actually have a dent! and a little something that felt like it moved around, I actually thought he had chipped his bone and I could feel it! doctor told me it was just part of his bruising but if I were you I wouldn't worry about internal bleeding, something would have happened to you by now. I too have a slight flat spot just as my head starts to curve, its probably just the way your head fused together its made up of more than one bone remember!

LilGsMama
11-02-16, 20:59
]& that's alright lilgsmama!
Maybe I shoulda included a disclaimer saying don't attempt if you're already having some type of head anxiety. Lol

Hehe.. I'm learning quickly! :winks:

Spent ages last night looking at the (non)symmetry of the inside of my mouth.. Doesn't take much for me at the moment! :roflmao:

xxxxx

Savvy_Darling
11-02-16, 21:04
Half-empty,

Thanks for that! I'm glad your son ended up okay too!
It also helps me think that even if there is a possibility that's it's a dent it could just be bruising not automatically a hemorrhage.

And that's also something I didn't know about! About the skull bring more than one structure of bone. Thankyou!

And yes, it's been almost 2 days since I bumped it and I keep telling myself that if it was seriously bleeding I hope I'd know it by now!! I guess the soreness/pain when laying my head on things is what makes me still worried of the worst /:
But thanks again for the reply :)

---------- Post added at 16:04 ---------- Previous post was at 16:01 ----------

Oh and littlegsmama.. Been there before.. Like how my tonsils aren't mirror opposites.
But we as humans aren't symmetrical! One side of our face is different than the other so I guess that will mean obviously other parts of us wouldn't be as well.

MyNameIsTerry
12-02-16, 09:12
Those phrenologists would be out of business if they were all smooth and the same. :biggrin:

I think something to consider is how many times as kids did we fall off bikes or bang our heads? Loads. I've been over my handlebars headfirst plenty of times. We just never questioned any of it back then and we had mums to tell us we were ok.

The human body can take quite a battering. The skull is very hard. This type of worry comes up on here plenty of times but you have to remember also that people get smacked around the head all the time in their day jobs and they are all fine. They get hit much harder than something like this but don't question it as they are used to it. Therefore, it's anxiety.

Savvy_Darling
12-02-16, 10:44
Ugh you are probably right terry and A lot of people have told me this.. That they've bumped their heads and we're fine. I know I'm really spiraling this out control. I've just been getting head pain and mild headaches. Soreness on the back of my head like maybe from neck tension because I've been so anxious about my head! It's been 2 days so I only hope if my brain were bleeding that I would already know it and it's not a silent thing.

MyNameIsTerry
12-02-16, 11:15
There are a fair few threads about this and some people have posted what they were told by paramedics, doctors, nurses, etc.

Debs71 was a nurse. I saw her posting in a thread on the HA board explaining the windows for this. It was in the last couple of weeks. Why not have a look? She might put your mind at rest?

Savvy_Darling
12-02-16, 11:23
Okay terry I will try to search for it! Thankyou! maybe it will put my mind at ease about this brain bleeding .

shirlp
14-02-16, 02:43
I have a fear of my head bleeding too.. Have head pressure then I feel like my head is going to explode then I get anxious and scared. Hope ur feeling better now?