PDA

View Full Version : Droopy eyelid

AnxiouslyScared
11-02-16, 19:40
Hello. I recently noticed that one of my eyelid droops. I don't know how long is been like this since I always wear my glasses. I'm going to the opthomologist today since I was having blurry vision yesterday it off both eyes and I'm pregnant so they want to rule out anything serious. I'm gonna take advantage and get my eyelid checked as well. About a year ago the same eyelid was getting stuck half way when I was blink it open and making a sticking noise. I never went to get it checked but I'll bring it up today. I also developed a new black eye floater in the same eye over a year ago. I'm really scared and nervous especially because I'm only 23 but I know I have to get it checked since I know it wasn't like this before. I'm trying not to think of all the scary possibilities of a droopy eyelid. I attached an image of my eyes. I just want to know if anyone has any experience with adult onset droopy eyelid? Please don't judge my eyebrows lol

countrygirl
11-02-16, 19:51
One thing your optician should be checking for is thyroid eye disease and I would mention this at your appt. NOT that I think you have this but it can show itself in making one eye look as if the eyelid is dropping whereas its actually the other eye that is protruding slightly.
I really do not think this is the problem and its nothing terribly serious anyway but it is something that is often missed because everyone focuses on the droopy eye not the other one!
I worked as an advisor for thyroid charity so am rather vigilant with thyroid disorders.

I just would not have felt happy not telling you about this although i do apologise if this has added to your worry.

AnxiouslyScared
11-02-16, 19:54
No it didn't add more worry :) I'm glad you brought it up cause I was only focusing on neurological disorders. I will bring it up as well. Thank you for the advice.

Fishmanpa
11-02-16, 20:02
I can't see that at all. Your eyes are the same size. What's different looks to be normal physiological asymmetry in the skin around your eye socket.

Positive thoughts

AnxiouslyScared
11-02-16, 20:09
Yeah, that came to mind too FMP. It's a rational thought that I'll keep in mind until my appointment to ease my nerves. Thank you for your reply :)

carmen2012
14-02-16, 21:11
It looks like ptosis to me I have the same condition in my right eye..I noticed it a few years ago and it scared me.
Moorfields diagnosed ptosis & recommend that I leave it alone unless it starts to effect my sight.