PDA

View Full Version : A HUGE thankyou!!

minny
24-09-04, 16:20
I only discovered this site yesterday and I have spent the last 24 hours poring over your stories, advice and forums. All of you are an inspiration! I suffer between 6 and 20 panic attacks a day and it has resulted in my becoming housebound. The depression that goes with the attacks is sometimes unbearable and it was this that led me to drink between 2 and 4 bottles of wine a day! (Ive been without alcohol for 11 days now though!! ) Apart from my visits to my GP and councellor, I have not left the house for just over 8 months.

Today was different! After reading your stories etc... something clicked and I put on my jacket and made the 20 minute walk to my daughters school! Ok so I avoided contact with other mums and yes I was shaking like a leaf and speaking fluent babble when I got home but I DID IT!!! :D The hug I received from my daughter was priceless!

I know I have a long long way to go yet but one step at a time eh??

I just want to thankyou all for welcoming me to this site. I now feel I am at least on the right path.

Minny...xxx

sadie
24-09-04, 16:24
Hi Minny,

Well done for your HUGE achievement today!!!! This is brillant that byou managed to muster the courage to have a walk today.

You are not alone in this, we all know what you are experiencing and how horrible it feels. We are here to help you through and listen when you need us. We dont judge and we offer what advice we can from actual personal experience.

Keep in touch.

sadie

seh1980
24-09-04, 16:32
hi there Minny,

WOW - Well done!! I'm glad that we have been able to help you!! It's great being able to chat to people who really understand, isn't it?

Sarah :D

Sue
24-09-04, 17:02
Well done!

That must have been really hard for you. I know exactly how you feel, although I have never been completely housebound (due to the fact I have a dog that needs walking every day!) I have been pretty close.

try to keep at it, it seems to be the only way.

I can now do things that I didnt think I would ever do again, like go to the supermarket, drive for short distances etc.

Good luck,

Sue

Meg
24-09-04, 17:16
Dear Minny,

I am so thrilled to read this ...

You made the changes within you though, so Many Congratulations is all due to you .

We just provided the education and communal support that so many people need as often families and friends and doctors around them don't know how to encourage progress.

We have many years experience between us all .

Well Done and look forward to hearing more from you soon .

Meg

It is impossible to get out of a problem by using the same kind of thinking that it took to get into it.
- Albert Einstein.

Karen
24-09-04, 17:32
Hi Minny

Well done. A great achievement.

Knowing other people understand and the support everyone gives here helps so much.

Briary

sal
24-09-04, 19:01
Hi Minny

Well done you. I am glad the site has made such a great impact on your life in such a short time.

I can imagine how priceless that hug from your daughter was. So now you have done it once you can do it again.

You have done really well coming of the wine as i know how easy it is the cover it all up with some wine. Hence why i drink most nights up to 2 bottles of wine.

But if you can give it up its time i tried a bit harder.

Take care mate.

Love Sal xxxxx

nomorepanic
24-09-04, 19:41
Wow Minny

I was thrilled to read this post. You did so well today!!

Maybe all you needed was someone to REALLY understand you and give you that little push to get out there.

We have a great community spirit on this forum and I so delighted to be part of it and I am so pleased that we can help you along the way.

Make sure you keep doing it again and again won't you.

Big hug to you for doing so well

x

Nicola

pips
24-09-04, 21:01
A Big well done to you Minny. You did so well. This is just the beginning hey. You are definately on the right path! Stay strong and positive!

Love PIP'S XX

nomorepanic
30-09-04, 20:41
Minny

Just wondered how the "giving up drinking" was going?

I am on day 4 lol - on anti-biotics so had no choice but I would like to try and stop drinking so much once I finish them?

Hope all is ok?

Nicola

Rennie1989
30-09-04, 21:11
WELL DONE MINNY

you jumped a huge step to recovery, well WELL done!!!

keep up the good work

Scooter Girl

if i was hungry would you feed me, if i fell you help me up, if i was crying would you brush away my tears

Merlinssister
01-10-04, 07:22
Well done Minny! And well done on giving up the wine. You're doing fantastically.

minny
01-10-04, 08:32
Thank you everyone! :)

Its been 19 days now without a drink or a cigarette and Im really struggling now! Im beginning to think I should have given up 1 thing at a time. The first week was relatively easy but this week has been a nightmare!!! Im grumpy, snappy and edgy but hopefully this will pass.

Someone suggested I try nicotine patches as willpower alone is hard but I really feel that if I can get this far without patches then I might as well continue! Meg suggested distraction so Ive given myself a "to do" list that I can turn to whenever the urge becomes strong!

The support Ive had from here and my family has been excellent. I am determined to keep on going!

4 days is brilliant Nicola!!! :) With regards to your anti-biotics, I hope you are well! When your course is finished just take one day at a time!

19 days is 2 days away from 3 weeks! I WILL hit the 3 week mark!!!

Again...... thankyou all! Minny...xxxx

jill
01-10-04, 09:21
Hi Minny

[Wow!] Your doing really well, keep up the good work.:D

wishing you well

Jillxxx

May your troubles be less
and your blessings be more
and noting but happiness
come trough your door