PDA

View Full Version : trouble breathing again...the never ending story

white1989
12-02-16, 17:18
over the last week or so I've started having this terrifying issue again where out of the blue it'll suddenly feel like I can't take a proper breath in and that my airway has suddenly tightened. I obviously then go into instant panic mode and think of nothing else, and it can go on for hours this feeling. I convince myself that I'm going to stop breathing and die there and then, and the last few nights I've been having a glass of wine to calm myself down when I've got in from work because its making me feel such a feeling of panic. it feels like I have to make a real effort to continue breathing, like my airway is really tight and its really difficult to breathe properly. does anyone else ever experience this and have any advice on how to calm myself down when it happens? I find it to be one of the scariest symptoms out of the long list of things I suffer with, and I really struggle to stay calm when it happens. I've had my airways and lungs/heart checked a few times which they say are normal so I really don't know what is causing this. it hasn't happened for a number of months and just now its started happening again and I'm living in fear of it happening every time I start a new day.

Sam Winter
12-02-16, 23:11
I actually gwr this frequently and my checks and told me my heart was fine so he gave me a nose spray which helped a little but I haven't found anything that helps properly which makes me think uts down to my anxiety xx

Kerry31
12-02-16, 23:45
I was searching the forum as I am
New and don't know how to start a topic! Anyway
This is what is happening to me I feel like I can't take a deep breath and my mind is constantly on it, it's like I can't do that deep breath and
I know it's aniexty but my mind doesn't seem to know and I go into panic mode every time I try to inhale, i then start to notice sore throat or tight throat muscles I don't know which it is. I know that is so tiring and depressing, just wanted to say I have it too and if you do overcome it please let me know how to X X take care

Fishmanpa
13-02-16, 00:15
It's interesting that you used "The Never Ending Story" in your thread title. In Gary's thread about the dragon, I mentioned a member that referred to her anxiety as a dragon. In "The Never Ending Story" there was a dragon named Falkor. He was a friendly luck dragon. What's also interesting in the comparison is that Bastian and Falkor are in a battle to save the world from "The Darkness".

One can equate "The Darkness" to anxiety and how it takes life away. A typical dragon is a fire breathing beast. The member I spoke of tamed her dragon from a fire breathing beast to one like Falkor that helped her overcome "The Darkness".

I did a search because I couldn't remember her name (that's chemo brain for ya!). Look up TooMuchTooLiveFor (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/member.php?u=58035) and her threads. Her posts are an eloquently written and detailed account of her journey and battle against the "dragon". Many here could benefit from reading her posts.

Positive thoughts