PDA

View Full Version : Zopiclone fail

Tims
12-02-16, 19:41
So I've been having sleeping problems of late and went to my doc in desperation after trying some of herbal stuff you can get. So I got Zopiclone (doc was reluctant but I got the script). I was looking forward to a lovely full nights sleep finally after so long, yayyyy.
Well guess what, Zopiclone did nothing, that was 7.5 mg dose. Just my luck right now, but I actually got even less sleep than usual with the zop.
Not sure what to do next, any suggestions would be very welcome.
Has anyone else out there had no luck with sleeping pills?

Tims

Shazamataz
12-02-16, 22:39
Oh dear, that should have knocked you right out!

I have no other suggestions, sorry. :(

unspoken
12-02-16, 22:45
Unfortunately I find sometimes my anxiety is stronger than any sleeping pills. I found zopiclone worked great at getting me to sleep the first few times, but then apart from the first time I woke up a few hours later feeling really anxious. It was like I woke up with the feeling that I was late for something. I'd say give it another try. I find that sedating antihistamines are less unpleasant and seem to work for me, but they aren't strong enough for a lot of people.

sandie
13-02-16, 07:42
If it is a problem falling asleep - have you tried Melatonin ? I find this works very well for me.

Crystalhiggs
13-02-16, 16:22
Sandie where do you get melatonin from? No doctor would give it to me in the UK. :(

sandie
13-02-16, 16:42
My husband brought it back from the States and I know you can also buy it across the counter in Canada too. I have no idea why GPs here are reluctant to prescribe Melatonin, - it is so much better than just giving out sleeping tablets.

Crystalhiggs
13-02-16, 17:11
I have some Arbonne sleep spray that a friend got from Canada, that contains melatonin but not sure whether it works or not as have been sleeping well recently (apart from last night!). Might give it a go tonight!

Yes it's funny isn't it I wonder what the reason is for not prescribing it. I think they give it to OAPs.

Was just reading your other thread Sandie, how are you sleeping now? X

---------- Post added at 17:11 ---------- Previous post was at 16:52 ----------

Hi Tims, I took zopiclone for 5 weeks last year, 3.75, but usually only half or 3/4 of the pill. I did send me almost immediately to sleep but not for more than 3 hours. I felt awful and very hungover the next day. I also took Trazodone for a while which didn't help me sleep and gave me the most awful side effects.

I now sleep naturally most nights. I just decided no pills were going to run my life. They didn't help me sleep and gave me further problems. So I started CBT, doing mindfulness every morning, took up cycling and bought a nutribullet which I use every day. I don't drink coffee after 11am and am mindful of my sugar intake.

I'm not totally cured as I seem to get 'special event insomnia' - whenever I have somewhere special to go I struggle to sleep the night before, hence I'm on here today as I'm about to board a train to Leeds! Wish me luck - had 2 hours last night!!!

Good luck! :)

Tims
14-02-16, 19:56
Thanks guys for the input.
Cristal, I agree about the natural route,but as a short term fix, I've found other meds that work much better for than Zopiclone which has little or no effect. Isn't it strange how they affect us all so differently.
I might give the melatonin a go, probably from Amazon.

Tims

MyNameIsTerry
15-02-16, 05:00
Thanks guys for the input.
Cristal, I agree about the natural route,but as a short term fix, I've found other meds that work much better for than Zopiclone which has little or no effect. Isn't it strange how they affect us all so differently.
I might give the melatonin a go, probably from Amazon.

Tims

You can't get it that way, it's classed as a Prescription Only Medicine (POM) in the UK. So, it's not allowed to be sold without a prescription.

There are ways to get it though but not from inside the UK unless through illegal methods e.g. your local friendly drug dealer. :D

Whether Melatonin should even on the banned list is debatable to me. In the US it is not a POM and can bought in any supermarket as a supplement. So, for me, if the US's advanced medical system sees no issues with it, I don't see one either. Plus some years ago a whole load of substances were banned due to athletic reasons and a kneejerk reaction to the date rape cases e.g. GABA was banned because of GHB, DHEA was banned due to the athletes. Again, both of those are available in any supermarket that wants to sell them in the US. (so, there's your tip :winks: just remember, Customs can seize it but it's not really a priority to them. Amazon US won't sell it to the UK, but not all supplement companies are so concerned with our import laws since it's not illegal to send it :winks:)