PDA

View Full Version : Life goes on

talespinner
12-02-16, 20:19
Hello I am a new member on here. I am known as the woman who does everything per my friends and they also all know that I have been anxious most of my life. I am 38 and have suffered most of the traumas that a person can go through, I have used drugs and relationships to mask and run from the anxiety, and about 5 years ago my world fell apart after my divorce. I was thrown into the depths of depression and felt my life spiraling out before me and there was nothing I could do to stop it. All the pain I had tried to repress came out and I was forced into this incredible journey I am on now. I was once agoraphobic, couldn't even walk around the block alone, and I am so proud of myself and how far I have come since then.

Through self-discovery, I finally accepted that I am a highly sensitive person and this is part of being that way. Anxiety for me is a message bearer, it tells me when I am afraid and need to attend to myself. I know there is a part of me that doesn't feel good enough from things that happened in my past and after all these years I have peeled back all the lies and layers of hurt so when I look at the core, it is really about me just feeling like I am enough. I will keep working on this and never stop because I am worth it. I am love, I am light, and I am kindness, at the core of our beings is a soul that just wants to feel safe, accepted, and loved, and I intend on being that every single day.

venusbluejeans
12-02-16, 20:24
Hiya talespinner and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: