PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm new! =]

QueenVictoria
28-02-07, 13:34
Hi. I'm vicki and i'm 15 and i've been getting panic attacks for two years. I've been on, like, 6 meds and i'm on one now. People are my school don't understand. All they see is how i'm never in school and stuff. It's hard because, like, no one understands, and my parents are clueless. I just need some support and to talk to people and know that i'm not alone. Just people that understand and won't say 'you should suck it up and do this' to me. It's just... blah.

Sax
28-02-07, 13:59
:D Hey Vicki,

A very warm welcome to NMP and of course you are now not alone, you've found us now!!
Hope to meet you in chatroom at some stage and i'm sure you'll find some great info here and some new friends who yes DO understand.

love Sax xxx:cool:

manmoor
28-02-07, 14:30
Hi Vicki,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

nomorepanic
28-02-07, 14:41
Hi Vicki

A warm welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

You will meet some lovely caring people and get loads of advice and support.

wobily_lin
28-02-07, 16:20
Elo Vicki,
Aww a big welcome to the site..I totally hear where you're comin from..its hard enuf for adults to understand never mind children..my daughter has just turned 16 and when ppl say to her from school whats wrong wit your ma..she cant explain it to them..they just dont understand which is hard on her too
you will find great support n advice here hun..and make some great ppl who totally understand so you are not alone..
Even ask you're parents to read some of the threads here..it might help them understand a wee bit..anx is so common now..which is sad..
So glad to have ya on board..chin up.
xxx

Freaky Chick
28-02-07, 16:36
Hi Vicki

Have a (((((((((((((((((((((((((HUG)))))))))))))))))) sweetie. And welcome to the site. I'm new myself, but I already know you are never alone here!

I know a bit where you are coming from, panic attacks are not nice - but the people here really do understand - lots of them have had panics including me and know how it feels.

I also understand how it feels when people think they are saying stuff that helps, but it doesn't. A lot of the time it's cos they don't know what to say, but they just want to make it better and feel they've helped.

Hang in there.
love and hugs freaky chick

trac67
28-02-07, 17:46
Hi Vicki,

Welcome to the forum honey, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends,

Take care

Trac xx

LLADDIS
28-02-07, 19:20
VICKI - a big welcome
Not so long ago I was a new visitor here and found friendship and a lot of people willing to help me.
Take a look at my latest thread below " CBT it worked for me .... "
There are answers to problems such as ours and luckily in my case I was pointed towards a treatment that has changed my life after suffering in secrecy and silence for at least 15 yrs.
So a big WELL DONE at finding the forum - visit often and listen to the great advice from experienced people who will do all they can to help each other
Regards and hugs
JOHN

kimmy
28-02-07, 21:45
Hi welcome babes.
There is another site call Youngminds, they are amental health site, select young people and see what it says on there too.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx