PDA

View Full Version : rheumatoid arthritis

senalarose
13-02-16, 02:20
Just wondering if anyone may have this ? I am getting sharp pains that are both in my finger by my thumbs. Now the finger beside that one is starting to hurt. Also my wrists are sore and my ankles. It all just happened bam like that. It hurts to push down on the knuckle . A dr looked at it and says no signs of inflammation. Just wondering if I could have it. It all started after I had a concussion. Also get a warm feeling in my left hand. I know I have a pinched nerve in my lower spine.

senalarose
13-02-16, 23:49
I think I worded it wrong, can that be rheumatoid arthritis? And does anyone have the auto immune issue? Everyone told me the pain I am in I should have signs of inflammation if it was that. Arthritis is imflamation they say

dizzy daisy
14-02-16, 15:54
Hi
I've been thinking the same thing about me even though I know I shouldn't. I keep getting really awful flu like aches and pains in my hands and sometimes ankles too. I also feel quite tired when I get this.
I had bloods done not so long ago and nothing showed up inflammation wise and I guess it would have if these symptoms were due to that. Also I've heard from other posts saying it's normally quite swollen and red around the joints affected during a flare. Mine aren't so I guess it's just caused from the tension in my muscles xxxx

senalarose
14-02-16, 20:33
i have my red knuckles but they arent swollen. I just dont know what happened after this concussion. Things were fine and then i get a concussion and my joints are all sore sharp pains and my hands have fuzzy feelings.

senalarose
15-02-16, 08:28
just concerned. My wife has rheumatoid. I really am afraid of the medicine. Could I have gotten it from a concussion? She says I am not swelling I just hurt sharp. I think im stiff I dont know

---------- Post added at 08:28 ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 ----------

my only question is, with the pain and "feeling" of stiffness would I be showing imflamation if it was RA?

senalarose
19-02-16, 22:45
Does anyone on here have rheumatoid arthritis?

senalarose
20-02-16, 15:41
***Had a cbc and she says my white blood cells were alright
**have no joint inflammation or limitation
*Says to get a ana/esr/crp/ and a anti something blood test. I don't think she was concerned in the emergency department.
*can make fist and grip still just pains in fingers and other joints, . Back hurts more than usual also

I get sharp pains in my fingers/wrists/knees/ankles but have no visible inflammation. Plus warm tingly feelings in my hands (sensation, skin not hot) I am still quite scared tho. It all came on a week after that darn concussion with whiplash. Anyone have a opinion? Is it looking good so far.

senalarose
27-02-16, 02:33
***letting everyone know that my tests came out fine. Still sore but good cbc, and no signs of rheumatoid*** still sore joints on left hand but dono what it is.

AlexandriaUK
27-02-16, 15:55
I was diagnosed 12 years ago and it was confirmed with MRI and tons of blood tests, I suffer now with 2 other inflammatory diseases, I was told by gp it was RA before seeing anyone else ie consultant, please don't worry as worse case scenario would be you have it but even that's not the end of the world, but reading your posts I would say I personally don't think you sound remotely like you have it