PDA

View Full Version : So over this HA crap!! It never ends!!

Angelic
13-02-16, 02:35
Hi all,

I've always been skinny. I would love to gain weight in all the right places, but that just isn't my luck. I have had health anxiety for 20 years, and my most recent obsession is being ultra aware of my tailbone. And I know exactly when it started!

Two weeks ago during my anatomy and physiology class, my professor brought up something about sitting for too long, and how fluid can cause the lower legs to swell, your butt may "go to sleep", etc. No sooner did she mention that did I realize that I could feel my tailbone while sitting. Mind you, I'm about as far from a Kim Kardashian butt as you can get. Now, I'm always aware of my tailbone when I sit down. When I lean forward while driving, it's like I'm rocking on my tailbone. It's constant.

I went to the doc back in.November (yearly physical) and weighed 106.5 lbs. Just went the other day (for my IBS) and I weighed 107.8. So I'm not losing weight. My clothes don't fit different. But then my mind wanders and I think maybe I just had a lot of fluid weight, and maybe I o.oh weigh 100lbs, and that's why I can feel my tailbone more. Yes, I know it sounds crazy, but why doesn't that make me stop with this nonsense???

My question is, am I the I my one that can seem to be going along fine, then have my attention brought to something specific, and then have it turn into a full blown obsession?

Hopefulmi
13-02-16, 12:43
No you are totally not the only one!! It becomes our focus and just fuels the cycle but you are fine I'm sure xx