PDA

View Full Version : lightheaded spaced out feeling

Beckie4567
13-02-16, 08:44
Hi for past three days I've been getting lightheaded the room isn't spinning but when I focus I sort of feel un balanced ots scaring me.as alot of u no I've been worrying about back and foot lately which hasn't helped but havnt experienced this with anxiety before I worried its something serious anyone get this and it turned out to anxiety.thankyou

MyNameIsTerry
13-02-16, 08:50
Hi Beckie,

Yes, this is a very common anxiety symptom, I've had it many times. I've seen so many threads/posts on here about this, it's always being discussed somewhere - that's how common it is.

I think you noticed the possible reason for it - you have been worrying a lot recently. This can easily bring on these very common symptoms like light-headedness, feeling spaced out, tired, unable to concentrate, etc. Serotonin is actually needed for things like concentration so by being so worried you are going to be using more up hence you get things like that.

Right it off as a anxiety and don't think about it any further, don't let it develop into something else as it will likely go shortly.

Keep yourself hydrated, get some food, etc. Have a rest. Something aimed at helping Serotonin may help like a banana or maybe milk?

Beckie4567
13-02-16, 09:19
Thankyou terry ��

Pipkin
13-02-16, 10:42
Beckie,

Have you started your medication yet? The same AD helps lots of members on here and I've no doubt you will start to improve. I know it can be a daunting step but, if your doctor thinks it will work for you, it will.

Take care

Pip

Beckie4567
13-02-16, 11:58
No I havnt starting it wen I come bk from my weekend away coz of side effects.just hate this blocked head type feeling��

---------- Post added at 11:58 ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 ----------

This is a horrible feeling feels like pressure in my nose too and ears�� funny thing is as I'm thinking bout that I'm not thinking of my foot and I don't notice it.

Hopefulmi
13-02-16, 12:12
That's common. Whatever you focus on rules out the rest which is horrible and us with HA tend to flit from one thing to another. It helps us see that it is our mind playing tricks though

Confused90
13-02-16, 12:25
Beckie you need to start the meds that the doctor has given you :)

Beckie4567
13-02-16, 14:51
I'm going to next week I've said that its just very daunting having to rely on medication

Fishmanpa
13-02-16, 14:58
starting it wen I come bk from my weekend away

This IS the weekend and you're away right? What are you doing on here if you're supposed to be away with your husband and children? :huh:

Positive thoughts

Confused90
13-02-16, 15:28
I'm going to next week I've said that its just very daunting having to rely on medication

It is daunting yes, but the doctor has told you Beckie.

Its their job to help you get better so listen to them because they know better than you, whats wrong with you

Beckie4567
13-02-16, 15:34
I'm away next weekend

Dharmatown
13-02-16, 16:09
I feel really dizzy and spaced out when my anxiety is high all the time. I know it's easier said than done but just try to put it down to your anxiety. I know for me personally it comes and goes, normally worse when I think about it. If it was something sinister it would more than likely be there all the time and get worse.

Also, in terms of medication I know that it is really daunting. I had my medication sat on my bedside table for over three weeks before I started to take it. I was so scared that it would change me, of the side effects, that I was weak for needing it. But a friend said to me, if you had a stomach problem for example, you wouldn't hesitate to take it and get well, so why is this any different?

For what it's worth I did feel a little worse for a few days after taking it, but nothing too terrible. But it is also worth remembering that everyone is different. You hear a lot about people side effects etc. but people are less likely to post if they are having a great experience! Once you start to notice, however small the signs, that you are feeling a little more like yourself it will be worth it! Taking medication has helped to give me my life back, the anxiety is still there, but it doesn't rule me and I actually enjoy myself again.

I don't know if that's helpful, but think it over. Stay positive!

Fishmanpa
13-02-16, 16:40
I'm away next weekend

My bad... this was posted last Monday the 9th:

I'm wandering if I take one today if ill be ok for next weekend for my weekend away ?

You can see how one would assume that as this would be the next weekend after the 9th. Anyway... not having a go or taking a mick... just a little confused. Good luck and I hope you have a great time away next weekend!

Positive thoughts

Confused90
13-02-16, 17:36
Beckie how come you cant start your meds now but want to wait another week?

Pipkin
13-02-16, 18:59
Beckie how come you cant start your meds now but want to wait another week?

I agree. Why wait when you can take something now which is very likely to help. Sure, you'll have a few side effects but being away will help distract you from these.

Go for it now!

Pip x

Sparkling_Fairy
13-02-16, 19:05
I waited for 3 weeks with my meds, just staring at them. They weren't for anxiety, they were for migraine prevention but they're also prescribed for anxiety in higher doses.
Anyway, reading on this forum all I saw was people post side effects and it freaked me out a little bit. Even though they only lasted for 2 weeks, I lived alone and I wanted to wait until I was home with family at Christmas.
What turned out? I didn't have a single side effect! Not a one!
Don't let that turn you off meds. Not everyone gets side effects, it all depends on you. And if you do, they most likely won't last longer than a few days.

Do take them.
They'll make you feel much better over time.

Superworrier
13-02-16, 19:06
You have nothing to lose but everything to gain from starting them Beckie .

Beckie4567
13-02-16, 19:32
I no and I'm def guns do it I promise u all but at mo I'm feeling not great .just lightheaded and def not right like off balance my ears and nose like sinuses are hurting so I'm hoping there blocked or something coz its been like it for 3 days now �� its horrible

.Poppy.
13-02-16, 19:40
Beckie, what did your doctor say yesterday? Did you mention how badly you've been feeling or your concerns over starting meds?

I too am afraid of the idea of meds and side effects and concerns over needing them long term. But the only way to know what will help is to just take that first step. You can do it.

I know it takes awhile to ease into some meds but you have an entire week before your holiday so why not just start today?

Beckie4567
13-02-16, 19:53
Becoz I'm going away Friday and u can feel sick and I don't want to ruin my weekend with the kids .i will do it as soon as I return.i told her my concerns bout my foot but not about the light headedness which I'm worried about now ��

Gary A
13-02-16, 20:03
In five days you've went from worrying about back pain, to a numb hand, to a numb foot, and now it's lightheadedness. The rate with which you go through perceived illnesses is absolutely astonishing. Why you would even consider not taking medication is completely and utterly beyond me. :shrug:

LilGsMama
13-02-16, 20:12
I waited for 3 weeks with my meds, just staring at them. They weren't for anxiety, they were for migraine prevention but they're also prescribed for anxiety in higher doses.
Anyway, reading on this forum all I saw was people post side effects and it freaked me out a little bit. Even though they only lasted for 2 weeks, I lived alone and I wanted to wait until I was home with family at Christmas.
What turned out? I didn't have a single side effect! Not a one!
Don't let that turn you off meds. Not everyone gets side effects, it all depends on you. And if you do, they most likely won't last longer than a few days.

Do take them.
They'll make you feel much better over time.

Beckie, I'm like Sparkling Fairy with the side effects.. I've been on a lose dose of Cipralex for 4 years, since my last major HA incident. This time has been far worse and my GP trebled my dose over a matter of 4 weeks. I was also worried about the side effects but have felt none, and the new dose has helped my state of mind. I'm still working on my thoughts and waiting for another course of CBT, but the meds have definitely helped. You can only try them :)

Fishmanpa
13-02-16, 20:19
In five days you've went from worrying about back pain, to a numb hand, to a numb foot, and now it's lightheadedness. The rate with which you go through perceived illnesses is absolutely astonishing. Why you would even consider not taking medication is completely and utterly beyond me. :shrug:

I've often equated HA and other mental illnesses to a co-dependent relationship. Someone will stay with an abusive partner despite repeated abuses and sometimes, at the very risk of their lives. Even when a way out is offered, they stay because as much as they hate their partner for the abuse, deep down they still love them and really know of no other way to live. Many deal with self esteem issues convincing themselves they deserve it.

I believe we're witnessing something to that effect here. There's been a door open and a way out (meds) for over a month but the OP can't bring herself to take the steps. I also believe there's a certain addiction to the reassurance as well thus the ever changing symptoms and reassurance seeking.

Well... enough of playing armchair psychologist. I'm stepping back as it's an exercise in futility and frustration.

Positive thoughts

Beckie4567
13-02-16, 20:24
Well step back then if u don't wana post don't I'm sick of people replying with negative comments if u don't like my post don't reply thankyou

paulmoldeeside
13-02-16, 20:29
beautifully put fishmanpa. I was going to suggest beckie has a look on active topics to see what others are going through - one lady in particular has had something dreadful happen - and maybe see if she can send her feelings outwards to others.

then I remembered the 20 odd pages deleted, the numerous threads before that which were deleted, the heartfelt comments ignored, the constant dodging and swerving of ever answering questions - and realised I`m doing this to myself. I`m wrecking my saturday evening by sending love and concern to someone who plainly doesn`t want to get better.

so I hope you`re well on your side of the pond and enjoying life, take care.

Beckie4567
13-02-16, 20:31
No I don't want to get better your absolutely right lol is that not what I've been saying the whole time don't post anymore thankyou

Fishmanpa
13-02-16, 20:32
beautifully put fishmanpa. I was going to suggest beckie has a look on active topics to see what others are going through - one lady in particular has had something dreadful happen - and maybe see if she can send her feelings outwards to others.

then I remembered the 20 odd pages deleted, the numerous threads before that which were deleted, the heartfelt comments ignored, the constant dodging and swerving of ever answering questions - and realised I`m doing this to myself. I`m wrecking my saturday evening by sending love and concern to someone who plainly doesn`t want to get better.

so I hope you`re well on your side of the pond and enjoying life, take care.

Thanks Paul... chillin' (literally! It's 17* with a wind chill of -7*) with the missus and the kitty (he's curled up on my lap :) ) Have a Valentine's Day Gig tomorrow too!

Positive thoughts

Elen
13-02-16, 20:38
Right guys lets stop before this gets out of control.

Beckie you are posting "symptoms" on a public forum, everyone has the right to reply without you getting snarky with them.

As for the others I think we have already established that Beckie is not in the zone to actually help herself and posting on her threads is achieving nothing apart from winding everyone up.

paulmoldeeside
13-02-16, 20:44
can i very politely suggest one thing Elen that I genuinely think will help - disable the facility that lets the OP delete a thread
Over the months I`d estimate 60 or 70 threads that have interwoven and danced around without getting anyone anywhere and I think if Beckie could have a quiet moment and look back over her posts it would help her realise the situation she`s in.

otherwise a new thread appears and people are drawn in, maybe new people who think they can help, and go through the whole process again. numbness, meds, cancer or various body parts, dizzyness etc etc

just a suggestion, no worries if it`s not possible.

Confused90
13-02-16, 20:47
Right guys lets stop before this gets out of control.

Beckie you are posting "symptoms" on a public forum, everyone has the right to reply without you getting snarky with them.

As for the others I think we have already established that Beckie is not in the zone to actually help herself and posting on her threads is achieving nothing apart from winding everyone up.

So basically, we should all start to completely ignore her? Breaking the cycle of her dependcy on our reassurance? I think we could try that..

Becky the side effects of you not starting the meds should be far more of a concern to you than starting them.

if you keep waiting for tomorrow or next week then you will never get better. Please start the meds becky

---------- Post added at 20:47 ---------- Previous post was at 20:46 ----------

Well step back then if u don't wana post don't I'm sick of people replying with negative comments if u don't like my post don't reply thankyou

and we're sick of you ignoring our comments. Because still all the comments try to help.. its only when you ignore then do people start to get frustrated. Then you pull the victim card out again

Pipkin
14-02-16, 01:39
Beckie,

You receive lots of great advice on here from members who want to help you and reply to your posts. They're trying their best to get you through this. Deleting your threads, and thus their posts, is not helpful and is frustrating when they have taken the time to respond.

Please break this cycle as it is not helping you. Start the medication prescribed by your doctor straight away. No excuses, it's time to get treatment for the anxiety which is causing you so many difficulties.

Pip

MyNameIsTerry
14-02-16, 05:14
Beckie,

I understand where people are coming from but I also understand where you are coming from on the meds. It's only a week to you and it's also only a week to everybody else. In that week, what will change? If you don't start them you will likely keep posting & worrying. If you do start then, they won't "cure" you or probably do anything positive in that time. So, providing you commit to starting them when you get back, the delay is no big deal.

Also, whilst I don't want to give you a possible barrier to starting meds, they are not the sweet experience that I can see posted in this thread. Many people do suffer side effects and to ignore this isn't helpful to me, we have to take the leap of faith and fight through the other side of them. If we bury our heads in the sand on side effects, it can bite you when things do start to happen - this I know from bitter experience.

BUT what you mustn't do is let anything put you off starting, you must take a reasonable view of it - side effects are a possibility and some of them are actually common (as the manufacturer will have stated in the leaflet) but some people do get lucky and have none, but also many people do experience side effects ranging from mild to something worse. I can't deny that, my experience of side effects differs greatly to those who have posted in here and one look at threads on the Meds board and you would see it. But this is a risk with all antidepressants and a necessary step we sometimes need to take to help ourselves.

A bit of perspective is needed here, it's a difficult decision to make for many. I also believe that if you do experience side effects, people will need to be mindful of this and how it could increase your reassurance compulsions - are people willing to accept that? Because on each of these threads the frustration just starts up again and what for?

Paul - I agree with you over thread deletion, it is frustrating. Some people ask for help, get it and still delete their threads which can feel a bit ungrateful. Some delete them when they go "off topic" in their eyes when they don't want to answer difficult questions. I've always found it bizarre that OP's can delete threads but not lock them and you need Admin to lock. Locking is better, we get preservation of the useful info in them. However, this isn't perhaps about NMP, it's probably a standard in forums as it is the case in forums I've used before or read from. I would love to see these options transposed.

Beckie4567
14-02-16, 08:19
Fine i apparently ignore all your questions fire away what do u wana ask me

pulisa
14-02-16, 08:56
What's the point? You'll delete anything you don't want to read

Beckie4567
14-02-16, 09:35
That's not the case at all the reason I delete I because people start to have a go at me.i have health anxiety and this is an anxiety forum I'm untitled to post here and yet all I get is people having a go.everyone thinks I don't appreciate there posts which is not the case ,they say I don't want help which again is untrue its like they don't listen to me either.and yet I'm always in the wrong.

Gary A
14-02-16, 09:50
Why do you think people are under the assumption that you don't listen to them?

Fishmanpa
14-02-16, 09:51
Just some perspective....

When you went to the doctor a month ago and were prescribed meds, I thought that finally you would be tackling your anxiety. Then two weeks went by and you didn't post and I thought again, finally, you've really done something to help yourself and it must be working. Sadly that wasn't the case as the last two weeks have been filled with symptoms posts and the pattern of reassurance seeking, refusal to accept advice and deleting threads has not only continued but escalated.

Beckie, if, God forbid, you were diagnosed with one of the many cancers you feared, would you take the plethora of drugs needed to help cure you even though they have some really nasty side effects? I'm pretty sure the answer would be "Hell Yes!". I'm also pretty sure you'd fight your ass off to beat it.

You do have an illness that's literally taking your life away from you and your family. Someone commented on the amount of time you're logged on posting here when you have two young children to care for and that is a legitimate concern. That's time away from your family due to worrying about yourself and the plethora of minor physical sensations you feel.

The side effects from starting up your meds may indeed cause you to feel rough for a few weeks or they may not but in the big picture, isn't that worth it to get your life back? Having been on SSRIs (100mg Zoloft/Sertraline) for treating some depression, I can tell you for me, other than a dodgy tummy, I was fine. They, along with one on one therapy helped me get through a rough time. I can with all certainty assure you that the side effects you experience, if any, will be much more bearable than the side effects of the drugs needed to treat the diseases you fear the most!

All one can hope for is that you see through the walls that your illness has put up and some of what many are saying get through to you. Start your meds, get a referral for more therapy. Fight this illness as hard as you would fight the ones you fear and take back your life!

Positive thoughts

Beckie4567
14-02-16, 09:56
Yes I will I asure u all after my weekend away I'm guna do it and show u all I can

MyNameIsTerry
14-02-16, 10:00
That's good to hear, Beckie.

Starting on the half of the minimum therapeutic dose will help minimise anything you may feel anyway. It just means a bit longer in the side effect window with having to go up to 20mg shortly afterwards BUT that's easier than going straight on that dose and chancing the bigger leap. Many GP's are following this route from the threads on here which is good to see.

Don't sweat the timescale, there are and have been plenty of people who have not started on the day of the prescription due to other commitments. Sometimes it's best to plan them into safer periods. People who frequent the various boards will be seeing others doing exactly the same.

Beckie4567
14-02-16, 10:17
I no I'm harping on about it but my head feels weird I just don't feel right I feel disorientated dry eyes tired eyes terrible pain in ear like its blocked

Fishmanpa
14-02-16, 10:26
Yes I will I asure u all after my weekend away I'm guna do it and show u all I can

Good to hear...

In the meantime, why not take a break from the forum and reassurance seeking and spend some time with your family? I'm sure your children and husband would appreciate it.

Positive thoughts

Beckie4567
14-02-16, 10:34
Yes I will

Phuzella
14-02-16, 10:42
That means logging off the forum, have a nice day :)

Beckie4567
14-02-16, 13:02
I'm sorry there is something wrong with me for four says I've felt like this now its not normal like I cant focus wen I'm up and about.worried I've got a brain tumour now ��

Confused90
14-02-16, 13:17
I'm sorry there is something wrong with me for four says I've felt like this now its not normal like I cant focus wen I'm up and about.worried I've got a brain tumour now ��

You are fine. Your brain is fine, no tumor.
Log off, take a break

Beckie4567
14-02-16, 13:22
How do u no tho this isn't normal to be walking round constantly for the last 5 days like this ��

Em.ma
14-02-16, 13:27
If you don't believe anyone and ask " how do you know " how is posting symptoms going to help you? :/
Come on Beckie you know you need to beat this health anxiety. Surely you can see this.

Superworrier
14-02-16, 13:31
Beckie we are as sure about you as we are about ourselfs okay .

We are all just doing our stuff cooking a roast , cleaning , playing or taliking to the kids .
Even trying to relax .

Please take the medication and relax off here plan your weekend away with you family go make plans with your children about what ypu will do when you get there .

Your fine okay just listen please :)

Confused90
14-02-16, 13:37
How do u no tho this isn't normal to be walking round constantly for the last 5 days like this ��

What do you mean how do I know? How do you know that you're ill?

Stop putting off these meds and take them

Beckie4567
14-02-16, 13:53
I cant relax coz I'm walking around like I'm disorientated its horrible.it cant be anxiety symptom its not normal.its horrible been like it 5 days not getting better

Hopefulmi
14-02-16, 14:02
Well the billion of us that have had it and it was just anxiety must be liars then

Em.ma
14-02-16, 14:09
What do you want people to say?
You don't believe anyone because of your anxiety, so what can we do. Posting symptoms isn't helping you is it and you show no sign of helping your self

glassgirlw
14-02-16, 14:19
I cant relax

This is why it isn't getting any better. You are making no effort to relax and distract yourself. So your mind is spending all day every day dwelling on the symptoms which will not go away as long as your winding yourself up about them! Everyone is right. Log off the forum. Start your meds. Now. Don't wait until you get back. Do it NOW.

Gary A
14-02-16, 14:22

Just like it wasn't "normal" to miss periods? Just like it wasn't "normal" to have stomach cramps? Just like it wasn't "normal" to have back pain? Just like it wasn't "normal" to have a numb hand? Just like it wasn't "normal" to have a numb foot?

All these things you were adamant weren't "normal", despite being told otherwise, all indeed did turn out to be, you guessed it, "normal".

Now, at what point do you begin to realise that when you are sure something isn't "normal", you're utterly wrong and it is, in fact, "normal"?

Stop trying to make yourself believe that you're ill.

.Poppy.
14-02-16, 14:27
Beckie,

What you need to do is distract yourself. Even if you have to force your attention elsewhere, try.

When I'm feeling low sometimes I watch YouTube videos. There's a guy who runs a channel, Cinemasins, and he's hilarious. He basically goes through and points out plot holes and mistakes in movies - I even watch his videos for movies I haven't seen myself because he's really funny. :)

If that doesn't work or you feel like you need to get away from the computer, maybe gather your family up and go out to eat, to a park, or even play a board game. My personal favorite for distraction is Cranium because you really have to actively participate in it and it can be really funny too. Not sure if they have one that would be more geared towards younger kids, though.

Just tell yourself you're going to distract yourself for 2-3 hours. That's a fairly small window to aim for, really try, and see how you feel at the end. Hopefully some fun and laughter will make you feel a little bit better even if you have to force it at first.

Confused90
14-02-16, 14:27
I cant relax coz I'm walking around like I'm disorientated its horrible.it cant be anxiety symptom its not normal.its horrible been like it 5 days not getting better

So where did you get your medical degree and which prestigious hospital do you work for? Because clearly your doctor is a liar right?

paulmoldeeside
14-02-16, 14:31
this really is better than any soap.

you were told directly by pip to stop posting symptoms beckie and you carry on regardless, which makes me feel slightly better because at least you`re completely ignoring admin as well as the rest of us

a close friend of mine many years back did indeed have a brain tumour and is still with us thankfully. and no, I`m not going to list his symtoms because it wouldn`t help.

get your weekend trip out of the way then start your meds. or don`t. as you know well none of us on here can make you do anything you don`t want to.

I feel awful today and have numerous symptoms which I`m guessing are down to lack of sleep, having a cold, and not eating too well. so i`m going for a nice walk in the sun, wrapped up as it`s chilly, and will feel miles better in an hour or so.

nothing we say makes any difference to you so I have passed the anger / reactive stage and will purely send happy things to you, or ignore you altogether.

have a good day.

Beckie4567
14-02-16, 14:36
I will look at that thankyou poppy

MyNameIsTerry
14-02-16, 14:39
It's not normal, Beckie. BUT that's anxiety for you, you experience lots of unpleasant symptoms and they can go on for a long time sometimes. I can think of several members right now who have been posting about a symptom like this and theirs has been going on much longer.

I've had the same headaches for 3 months in the past. The current daily fatigue has been an even longer battle.

I know it's unpleasant but try to just keep going. The more you wind yourself up about it, the more intense it will feel and it will probably go on longer.

There is no pressure to take the meds right now. But stick to your committed date with putting them off due to an event.

Try to distract yourself as Poppy says.

Come on everyone, it's a day of love :yesyes:

Beckie4567
14-02-16, 14:43
I'm ok wen I'm sat down its walking around the problem I understand I have posted many symptoms saying things but this one is very scary and effects my life to be honest.its a scary one

Fishmanpa
14-02-16, 14:44

Good to hear...

In the meantime, why not take a break from the forum and reassurance seeking and spend some time with your family? I'm sure your children and husband would appreciate it.

Positive thoughts

14-02-16, 05:34
Advanced MemberRe: lightheaded spaced out feeling
Yes I will

Advanced Member
Send Message User Lists
Last Activity: 14-02-16 09:36 (4 hours later)
Current Activity: Viewing Thread lightheaded spaced out feeling

Apparently not!

Positive thoughts

Beckie4567
14-02-16, 15:06
Its really hard u no its horrible to feel like this and to have it all day for 5 days os even scarier sorry but it is.

Fishmanpa
14-02-16, 15:10
Are you doing anything special for Valentine's Day?

Positive thoughts

Beckie4567
14-02-16, 15:15
Nothing I'm on my own today

---------- Post added at 15:15 ---------- Previous post was at 15:14 ----------

I cant walk around very much coz it freaks me out

Fishmanpa
14-02-16, 15:18
Nothing I'm on my own today

Really? Where's the hubby and the kids?

Positive thoughts

Beckie4567
14-02-16, 15:19
They've gone out for the day to see his parents

Fishmanpa
14-02-16, 15:21
Ahhh... So what does your husband think about all of this?.. or is the answer in the fact you stayed home?

Positive thoughts

Beckie4567
14-02-16, 15:32
Nothing hes supportive.

Fishmanpa
14-02-16, 15:34
Nothing hes supportive.

That's good to hear.

How old are your little ones? I know you have a son... a daughter too?

Positive thoughts

Carnation
14-02-16, 15:38
Hi, I have been reading and watching this thread and Beckie,
you have 'High Anxiety', which is another name for, 'Fear'.

I have it too, so do hundreds of other people on here, so it IS Anxiety!

I have had it small doses and 24/7. The only way is to distract and push through.
Nothing bad is going to happen to you, otherwise I would be dead by now.

Yes, it is scary, yes, you don't understand what is happening to you, but NO, nothing bad is going to happen.

Your best bet would be to sit and play some games with your family or go for a walk and just keep yourself busy and occupied. Sitting and manifesting in it will only make it worse!!!!!!!

Good Luck. x

rebeccad
14-02-16, 15:41
From one Beckie to another , take it from me you'll feel much better if you log off this forum even for 24 hours , go visit a girl friend and have some fun xx

Beckie4567
14-02-16, 15:47
Thankyou all just want to feel normal and happy not sure wen that day will be.just want a normal life.its just really freaking me out.�� I can believe that anxiety cam cause me to feel hard to focus for 5 days now ill have to ring docs now tomoz ��

Gary A
14-02-16, 16:38
Thankyou all just want to feel normal and happy not sure wen that day will be.just want a normal life.its just really freaking me out.�� I can believe that anxiety cam cause me to feel hard to focus for 5 days now ill have to ring docs now tomoz ��

But it has caused so many symptoms in the past. With the amount of symptoms your anxiety has caused, I don't know why it's so hard for you to accept that anxiety DOES cause all manner of crazy symptoms.

Phuzella
14-02-16, 16:47
So how old are your kiddies??

Beckie4567
14-02-16, 17:04
Why do u need to no that

Confused90
14-02-16, 17:15
Why do u need to no that

Obviously trying to distract you from you worrying about stuff you do not have....

Phuzella
14-02-16, 17:17
Just taking a friendly interest :)

Beckie4567
14-02-16, 17:52
I no sorry its just wen ya lightheaded and wobbly one day or maybe two u kinds except that but 5 days is abit extreme its just hard to believe

Em.ma
14-02-16, 17:53
Surely at your level of anxiety you can understand why your feeling like you are.
Are you eating and drinking

Beckie4567
14-02-16, 18:01
Yes I'm eating I'm not a big drinker anyway so I no its not from that

Em.ma
14-02-16, 18:07
But you know it's not from anxiety? So how can you know it's not from something as simple as not enough water.
Lack of fluids can cause what your feeling to. And anxiety (and you know this)

Confused90
14-02-16, 18:29
Yes I'm eating I'm not a big drinker anyway so I no its not from that

You still havent logged out and started your break!

Beckie4567
14-02-16, 18:30
Because I don't drink enough for the last god knows how many years and never felt like this and all day every day for 5 days.its horrible now �� and scarey I no its stupid to go from this to brain tumour but that's how my mind works that's just me.

Phuzella
14-02-16, 18:44
I was going to try to say something helpful but decided against it.
Stony ground and all that.
Good luck Beckie :)

Superworrier
14-02-16, 18:48
But Beckie rather than getting upset with the people who inmy mind clearly want to help you best they know how given yes they are amazing people but none have a crystal ball.

You may not drink many fluids but you have to help yourself here give it a go plenty of clear fluids sip them and try those meds .

Such amazing support but ypu have to help yourself now .

Good luck

Confused90
14-02-16, 18:51
Because I don't drink enough for the last god knows how many years and never felt like this and all day every day for 5 days.its horrible now �� and scarey I no its stupid to go from this to brain tumour but that's how my mind works that's just me.

Maybe we should all completely ignore your countless threads and then you might take on board some advice and help yourself. Would you prefer that? Would you prefer no one bothered to reply to you?

Beckie4567
14-02-16, 19:00
I'm not getting upset and having a go at anyone I'm just saying how I feel.its scarey to fewl this way wen it affects ya eyes I cant help it.i appreciate all posts always have

Confused90
14-02-16, 19:06
I'm not getting upset and having a go at anyone I'm just saying how I feel.its scarey to fewl this way wen it affects ya eyes I cant help it.i appreciate all posts always have

Meds... Take them

Beckie4567
14-02-16, 19:21
I am after the weekend away Im having next week

Hopefulmi
14-02-16, 19:29
If you have had the meds for a week or two already you should have started them and you'd have been fine by next week. Meds seem scary but there becomes a point where it's just excuses

Carnation
14-02-16, 19:32
Don't take this the wrong way Beckie, but I think that you are hoping that this feeling is going to go away by then, so you don't have to take the Meds.
I think you are frightened to take them............

Beckie4567
14-02-16, 19:40
I'm scared to take em yes but I'm going too 100 %

Carnation
14-02-16, 19:46
What have you been prescribed?

Confused90
14-02-16, 19:48
I am after the weekend away Im having next week

Next week isnt good enough. Becausr next week youll still be scared about side effects and youll put it off again ad again etc etc and this will go on

I am the worst person ever for putting things off in this world.. What ive learnt is you just need to jump in.. once you start you will be better in no time. Just take them

Beckie4567
14-02-16, 19:51
Citalopram 10mg.i will I'm going away next weekend and don't want to feel worse for then I'm hoping I feel bit better than I do at mo tho in terms in dizzyness

rebeccad
14-02-16, 20:02
I had citalopram split them in half at first then after 2 weeks took a whole one x

Confused90
14-02-16, 20:05
I do hope you start them, honestly I do

You only have one life to live, do you want to spend every day of it, on here posting about things you dont have, just wasting away time you should be enjoying

Beckie4567
14-02-16, 20:12
No I don't and I no for a fact I've spent the last 6 years doing that I've wasted it worrying on something I don't have it makes me so upset to think that.thats why ill try anything and I'm guna do it

Confused90
14-02-16, 20:35
I hope so, I really do.

Because this isnt healthy for you

Beckie4567
14-02-16, 20:45
How did u find that bex I wonder weather i shud try half first

rebeccad
14-02-16, 20:58
I found it fine, and when I came off them I did it in quarters , hardly any side effects intact can't remember any x

Beckie4567
14-02-16, 21:02
Great thankyou

Carnation
14-02-16, 21:05
Beckie, I just wanted you to know that my 90 year old Mum 'n' Law takes Citalopram and has for the last 5 years. It is such a mild Med, you have nothing to worry about. x

In the meantime, can you find some distractions, believe me , it really does help.
Do you have any board games you could play with the kids?

Beckie4567
14-02-16, 21:16
Argh thankyou that's good to hear I hope they help her.we do I play them all the time �� I'm fine sitting down uts walking round the problem

HopelessWorrier2011
14-02-16, 23:16
I think your issues run much deeper than just health anxiety, ur posts and responses are disturbing

Gary A
14-02-16, 23:27
Take. The. ****ing. Medication.

Stop messing around, stop making excuses and stop trying to convince yourself that you're ill. Grow up, suck it up, take the bloody medication and start trying to help yourself.

This is beyond stupid now.

Fishmanpa
14-02-16, 23:30
Tell us a little about yourself Beckie... We know you're 29, are married and have two children.

A boy and a girl? Their ages?

What do you like to do for fun? What do you do with your kids that you enjoy?

What did you enjoy in school? Math? Science? History?....

Do you have pets? We have a Pixie Bob Cat named Socrates ("Bobcat Legends Socrates Ulysses). He's the best. More dog than cat actually. He's sitting next to me as I type waiting for butt pats :)

I guess by now your family is home. Did you do anything for Valentine's Day? I played a gig and a whole bunch of folks showed up that I haven't seen in a couple of years. It was AWESOME! :D Made some decent $$$ too!

The wife and I stopped on the way home and bought a couple of steaks and I'm cooking them on the grill (in sub freezing temps no less ~lol~)

Positive thoughts

Beckie4567
14-02-16, 23:40
Goodbye I'm going off here

mourningdove
14-02-16, 23:44
A pixie bob cat? That's so cool!

Fishmanpa
14-02-16, 23:51
A pixie bob cat? That's so cool!

Yeah... I've had cats before but this guy is totally unique. He plays fetch, loves water and rides in the truck, walks on a harness etc. He turned 5 last Thanksgiving and weighs in at 17 very solid pounds.

Pets are great for stress and anxiety. I know when I've had a rough day and my boy comes and cuddles with me, I feel so much better and more relaxed. They also sense when you're having a rough time and help. When I came home after cancer treatment, he wouldn't let me out of his sight. He cuddled with me and prompted me to get up and move so I could play with him. He would bring his toys and drop them in my lap so I would play fetch. Furry kids are great therapy IMO.

Positive thoughts

artist12
15-02-16, 01:03
Pets are great for stress and anxiety.

So true! Sounds like your little guy is very special!

When I woke the first night recently after starting my meds in a complete panic, my 90-pound Rhodesian Ridgeback army-crawled his way up the bed and laid across my chest - he wouldn't move so I just concentrated on hugging and petting him. Made me calm down much faster, I think!

glassgirlw
15-02-16, 02:44
I agree about pets!! I have a German Shepherd and a golden retriever / German shepherd mix. They both help when I would have an anxiety moment. I think it's mainly that they help with distraction. Plus....pets are proven to reduce stress!

MyNameIsTerry
15-02-16, 04:40
Beckie,

I thought you had been prescribed 20mg but were splitting to 10mg to start? If your GP has only given you 10mg, then he will be needing to keep an eye since that's half the minimum therapeutic dosage. Some people on here have found that works for them but I guess it will depend on the severity of the disorder.

If you wish to be very cautious, you can split them into 5mg. But don't take them more than once a day, take them at the same time if you had to take two of the split tabs to get to 10mg (otherwise just don't split and take the 10mg).

10mg is a safer way to taper up. Going straight onto 20mg can be a different story as I said earlier.

If you plan to taper, just remember to give it 5 x the half life of the drug to get your blood plasma to stabilise. Increasing (or decreasing) inside this timeframe can mean your body is even less used to the drug. So, for Citalopram that's 35 hours (half life) x 5 (the standard to get to the "steady-state" (as much going in as out), although all drugs differ) = 175 hours. Increasing again after then will mean you allow it to at least even out.

Good luck.

---------- Post added at 04:40 ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 ----------

I think your issues run much deeper than just health anxiety, ur posts and responses are disturbing

Regardless of whether there are deeper issues to deal with, I do not think your response is appropriate on a mental health forum.

There is nothing "disturbing" here and considering many of us with OCD have themes about deeply worrying subjects like harming others or abusing children, I hope you see the inappropriateness of your post because what would you believe were our issues? See what I mean? We don't expect to have this issue here.

Beckie4567
15-02-16, 08:08
Thankyou terry appreciate that post yes I got given 10mg not 20mg

DancingWilliams
15-02-16, 23:33
Starting medication is scary. I avoided for years, and anxiety and depression just got worse and worse, as did alcohol intake. Starting prescribed medication was an act of desperation. But it gave me a breathing space to start getting better. For me first 4 weeks weren't easy, but still better than the alternative. The light-headedness and tiredness did eventually go away.
I don't think meds are some magic cure, but they can give some help and support to help make yourself better by your own efforts and resources.

Beckie4567
16-02-16, 10:02
I'm not on the medication yet and getting light-headedness' that's my concern been 6 days now

---------- Post added at 10:02 ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 ----------

Cant feel like this anymore its not anxiety def not feel awful sickly today aswell.

Gary A
16-02-16, 10:16
I'm not on the medication yet and getting light-headedness' that's my concern been 6 days now

---------- Post added at 10:02 ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 ----------

Cant feel like this anymore its not anxiety def not feel awful sickly today aswell.

Stop posting your symptoms and stop trying to convince yourself that you're seriously ill. It is getting beyond tedious. Just stop it.

Beckie4567
16-02-16, 10:25
Its not anxiety !!! I've felt like this 6 days and actually feel worse as days have gone on.if u have a problem with me posting just don't reply

Elen
16-02-16, 10:36
As advised Beckie this thread is now closed.