PDA

View Full Version : Bit Teary :(

Crystalhiggs
13-02-16, 11:32
The old demon insomnia has reared its ugly head again. I know why, it's because I'm going away this evening for a few days, and I've hooked into the negative thoughts again of 'what if I don't sleep well, how will I cope? How will I do all the lovely things we have planned?' Lo and behold last night I couldn't sleep.

I'm so frustrated, it doesn't happen that often now and when it does I just feel so disappointed in myself that I'm still not quite strong enough to not let things affect me.

I feel like a zombie today and I have a long train journey later. Just feel a bit weepy. :(

Chocolateface
13-02-16, 13:05
Oh no I hope you have a good weekend away, you may sleep better once you are doing things, hope you have a fab time

Clare

pulisa
13-02-16, 13:53
Crystal, please don't think the worst? Tiredness will always make us anxious and vulnerable to over-thinking situations.

Once you are on your way you'll feel better. I hope you have a lovely break!

Crystalhiggs
13-02-16, 14:17
Thank you both, I just had a little nap although didn't exactly sleep, but sure it's helped a bit. I think it's the journey that's on my mind, feeling totally sleep deprived on a train full of strangers. Not fun!
Yes hopefully will get distracted enough once I'm away not to think about it. Thanks again xx

gregcool
14-02-16, 11:18
Sorry to hear your insomnia is back...its because you have stuff on your mind and making you anxious..its a blip and will pass when you are through this faze of stress on your mind...i havnt slept well this week as iv been busy decorating and although im tired from it,iv not slept because iv got stuff on my mind...chin up and before you know it,your sleep will return soon..best wishes

MyNameIsTerry
15-02-16, 06:47
It's the anticipatory anxiety issue, Crystal. It's a difficult one to crack but it can be done. MrAndy used to have it whenever Monday morning came and when he returned to work from his holidays but he found it got easier for him over time.

I think with this it's matter if not letting it win and repeating it until you find it just goes.

You will cope, you did before even when you were really suffering badly. Remember that show you went to?

I hope you have a nice few days away. :flowers:

Crystalhiggs
17-02-16, 09:03
Thanks guys, I managed the journey and have been sleeping very well since. I'm going back this morning - guess what? I hardly slept last night! I felt fine going to bed, didn't feel anxious at all in the night but my subconscious clearly thinks otherwise!

So another long train journey looms ahead which I would normally look forward to! Hey ho, not teary this morning at least!!