PDA

View Full Version : Dental infection

Paul87
13-02-16, 15:02
Well today I'm very anxious and panicky

I went to bed yesterday with titchy inside of my nose and sore throat coming on as I think I'm coming down with a cold

I've also had dental abscess and some swelling since about October and my dentist did warn me that my body will contain the swelling but if I get ill etc it could then attack while my body is busy fighting a cold

So I woke up with pain and tiny swelling and yellow sticky skin patch by my ankle no idea why or how but I also noticed my abscess swelling as gone to my jawline and grown since last night

I have a terrible fear of throat and tongue issues ever since I was a child so I haven't had the tooth extracted because I have only been offered a nerve block so far but I'm willing have it cut out in surgery or whatever aslong as I don't have that nerve block

I'm scared and worried this infection will spread or kill me because I've had it a long time it's not painful at all thankfully but I have really bad fear this infection will spread and kill me etc etc and causes anxiety

Might be why I'm very nervous about my tooth being extracted because the worry

The anxiety stress and worry has gotten me down bought my anxiety back and made me feel hopeless I'm laid in bed ill but I should be at dentist I'm just in bad situation and dentists where I am don't open weekends either

Carnation
13-02-16, 17:17
Hi Paul87,

I have just been through a really bad time with a bad tooth, gum infection, extraction and a mouth infection and I can tell you that the two things that worked for me was gargling with warm salt water and rinsing with Corsodyl. Hope this helps. :)

Paul87
13-02-16, 21:20
Thanks I just hope the swelling goes down I went to dentist they perscribed antibiotics but chemists saying it can be few days before they got it in stock which is no help

I'm also getting slight fever and headache and chills I think I'm coming down with a cold the dentist said I got nothing to worry about when asking about my concerns

But my head is worrying still saying stuff like this isn't a cold it's infection spreading etc etc

I'm a anxious wreck at moment I dunno if colds can make your anxiety worse?

Donz81
13-02-16, 23:13
Colds make my anxiety worse, must be because of health anxiety x

Gummboote
13-02-16, 23:44
I had a dental abscess years ago and was in pain for weeks before I saw a dentist. He prescribed me antibiotics and once I started them, within 24 hours the pain was gone. Let's hope you can get yours soon.