PDA

View Full Version : Post Panic Attack Issues

BatmanNeedsHelp
13-02-16, 20:41
Hi, I have been dealing with anxiety since I was about 7 years old and have been having panic attacks since I was 13. At 20 years old my anxiety has taken a turn for the worst and now, instead of during holidays, my panic attacks happen randomly and are causing me to slowly spiral into nothingness. My last panic attack was followed by an; overwhelming, faint feeling, extreme paranoia and nearly blacking out. Now, everyday I get more and more lethargic, depressed, nauseous, faint and I constantly feel like I am going to die. Like I suddenly will drop and never wake up. I feel helpless...I feel horrible and it is taking a toll on my body now. If anyone can help or give me any advice, I would much appreciate it. I cannot go on feeling like this day in and day out.

faithfulone
13-02-16, 22:11
Wow, sorry to hear that you've had to deal with this at such a young age. I was more older when I had my first panic attack and very frightened. It really makes you think you will die and dealing with them frequently can send you in to a depression. Just learning about the panic attacks helped me years ago. I got help from some online anxiety program. I did take antidepressants at one time and they also helped. There's a lot of information on this website and plenty of people that can offer some advice and help. I'm curious to know if you've spoken to a doctor or therapist yet and are you on any medication?

BatmanNeedsHelp
14-02-16, 16:13
I am in the process of trying to locked down an appointment, but I do not know whether to go see a doctor or a neurologist. I have PSOS as well, a relatively womanly issue, and now I don't even have a period because I am so fried. I don't know how to explain it to anyone without feeling like I sound borderline narcoleptic. I can't cope with anything anymore and I'm so weak I have to literally push myself through work. Along with that, I'm afraid to drive because the second I blink for too long, it feels like I just woke up and I cannot focus at all. I don't know what these attacks are doing to me. I feel like anything a doctor will say can't possibly help.

faithfulone
14-02-16, 18:01
Maybe you can get in quicker to see a doctor and then he can help decide on a referral and appt. with neurologist. I think a doctor will be able to help. He can definitely run some simple tests to make sure blood counts, etc. are okay. And if he feels he can't help then he can make a referral for you. Please try that and in the mean time there's plenty of advice on this forum that can help. Have you did any self-help techniques for your panic attacks such as CBT or some of the self help books?