PDA

View Full Version : Weird feeling like im going to lose balance

John_Daryl
13-02-16, 22:13
I feel like iv lost my sense of vision and balance to its greatest ability almost over night. Although i can see properly iv just got this feeling as though its notbas good as it was a week ago. I also feel like im about to lose my balance or fall over at anu minute. The room isnt spinning, but i feel like its about to. I cant put my finger on it but everything just seems....odd?

Despite all this u dont feel any different? I think im overly monitoring my vision agsin like i did ayear orbso ago when i feltbquite similar.

Despite that, i feel like this time its going to be sinister.

For example, im currently in a hotel room now and thebroom isnt spinning but i feel like the hotel and its surrounding are moving. So in notbseeing anything but in feeling it in a sense. Maybe thats just my anxiety butbits hard to putba pin in it.

2 weeks agi i saw the doctor as i eas worrying about my stomach and some breathing problems. Immediately after the problems went and now its shifted to this.

Any input.

Fishmanpa
13-02-16, 22:20
If you're in that much distress, go to the doctor/urgent care.

Positive thoughts

Elen
13-02-16, 22:24
dizziness and loss of balance has to be one of the most common symptoms that are posted about on here hun.

Try not to over think it if you can

John_Daryl
13-02-16, 22:31
I cant im on holiday till monday so theres nothing i can do

dizzy daisy
13-02-16, 22:35
Elen is right it's a very common anxiety symptom. I get it too and it's really horrible but nothing bad has happened to me in all these years- touch wood it won't now either.
Just look at all the posts on here about similar symptoms and you'll see for yourself.
Xx

Fishmanpa
13-02-16, 22:50
I suggested the doctor because reassurance hasn't been your ticket to feeling better. Of course I too believe this is anxiety related especially in light of an all clear on other symptoms and then jumping to this, but is telling you that really going to help? Then again, when you get another all clear, what symptom will come up to take it's place?

I noticed in your post history that you had a period of over two years that you didn't post. What was it you did during that time that helped you control your anxiety? Are there any things from that time period you can draw from to help yourself now?

Positive thoughts

John_Daryl
13-02-16, 23:34
Not really as i went through a rough break up and got quite depressed. I stopped caring about my health and dove into my work. It was a much more horrifying experience than anxiety.

John_Daryl
14-02-16, 11:53
Day 5 and the dizziness is still here. All because of a weird headache i had almost a week ago im still worrying about my head. It doesnt make sense to me as iv worried about my head in the past and its turned out to be nothing. Last timevit was my vision and seeing as though i had 'bad reception'. That soon went so i know this soon will. Its as if i just need that doctors reassurance to calm me down, not sure why that is.

It doesnt really help that iv not been eating properly lately as i have a nut allergy and im afraid to eat at restaurants when im out of my country as i dont feel comfortable.

Anxiety is ruining my life... And its certainly ruining my holiday. Every time i get any 'symptom' i over think it and it turns into other 'symptoms'.

Beckie4567
14-02-16, 13:00
I feel exactly the same its horrible so worried its something bad don't no what to do I'm ok sitting but walking around its just not right like I cant focus properly had an eye test recently and photo behind eye all fine its horroble

John_Daryl
14-02-16, 13:17
Same when i stand it gets worse. Its an odd one but i do jump from symptom to symptom so i know its probably nothing sinister. Just take yourvmind somewhere else and try to keep busy

Carnation
14-02-16, 13:29
I've got it too John Daryl; just like you describe it. Sometimes it last for minutes or an hour or even all day! I don't know what cause it, but I understand it IS Anxiety.
It is a very scary feeling, it's like the body is on standby for something bad to happen and then nothing happens; just this feeling.

My head feels strange, I fell like things are moving when I am perfectly still, I fell like I am moving when I am still, my eyesight seems to deteriorate when like this and my hearing magnifies, so that a running tap resembles a waterfall. And I have these momentary hot flushes. My hear used to beat quite hard, but that has subsided now.

I think it may be what you call, 'High Anxiety'. A lot of us on the Forum also feel like this, so the good news, is that it is probably that and not something really horrid lurking in our minds.

Distraction is the best to rid this feeling; although it a hard task when the mind is telling you that something terrible is about to happen. (I've been like this for 3 months now, not that you will, but my point is to tell you that I am still here).
Listening and singing music also helps and don't laugh, but massaging the feet. :)

I had a whole free day of it yesterday, but I am bad again today.

Take Care and keep in touch with the Forum if it helps you.

Beckie4567
14-02-16, 15:18
Have I asked docter bout it john ?

John_Daryl
15-02-16, 12:29
No not yet. Iv had this feeling since last Thursday so about 5-6 days now.

---------- Post added at 12:29 ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 ----------

There's a week wait to see my doctor

Beckie4567
15-02-16, 14:22
Yes iv see had it bout same time let me no what they say �� my eats and sinuses are playing up so I'm wondering if its that but also terrible things r going thro my mind altho I don't have a headache as such

John_Daryl
16-02-16, 12:25
So I went to the walk in centre. They tested all my vitals and said I seem fine. Of it carries on then see my gp next week. Odd one really. When I'm busy mentally the dizziness goes awy.

---------- Post added at 12:25 ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 ----------

The nurse was confused when I told her it felt like the building was spinning but nothing is actually moving in my line of sight. Kind of like I'm on a boat.

John_Daryl
16-02-16, 16:48
So I was playing computer games last night with a friend and it went away for a good few hours. When I stand and walk around it seems to worsen. Iv enrolled for CBT but apparently its going to take up to 13 weeks for it to start.

I'm gna get another app with GP and get his view on my current state. Walk in centre said it looked like I had a little bit of congestion in one ear which may cause my sensation but she says its likely to be my anxiety.

shirlp
16-02-16, 22:47
I've had this for a while.. Sitting is fine, but walking too far isn't fun, its like I'm on a boat, sometimes it even makes me feel sick. Have had strange head pressure pains for a while too. Very scary but I try and distract myself wen it happens

John_Daryl
17-02-16, 18:16
Yeh I feel fine when I'm playing in my playstation but when I'm at work and my mind wanders I just cant help but think about my eyesight as that's what I'm worrying about now as my dizziness has completely gone. I feel like I cant focus on anything.