PDA

View Full Version : Past actions causing worry?

Help1989
14-02-16, 00:19
One of my anxieties is my moles and I have actually had a few removed.. Came back as atypical but with no bad cells present. I have so many moles big and small and I find it stressful to keep checking them so sometimes I just don't look. Anyway, I keep seeing reports about the rise in skin cancer recently cos of young people using sun beds. Thing is, I first used a sun bed aged 13.. Only a few times as far as I am remember but then started again around 16 I think and on and off until about 24. Sometimes I would go months and months without using them but always went back to them. Now I have bad bad health anxiety and haven't been near a sun bed for over 18 months and never will again. I'm so so scared of getting melanoma because of my past mistakes. I know that even 10/15 years ago people weren't as aware about the dangers of sun beds but I can't stop beating myself up about it. I know there's nothing I can do to change it but the worry is too much. Has anyone else experienced this worry about things they've done in the past causing future problems? I'm frightened to even start checking my moles again cos I got obsessive last time and it was awful.

littlemissworry.x
14-02-16, 09:49
my panic at the moment is melonoma:( i have a very weird mole/ freckle on my back that has a dark centre and lighter border, i have a biopsy on thurs and am convinced i have melonoma its different to all my other moles, its on my back in a place i cant really reach..i have been abroad lots and am so angry i never put suncream on my back or asked for someone to put some on for me, i wish i thought then like i do now and been more aware! hope ur ok i no how u feel, i always obsess over my moles in the mirror but lately am scared to even look as it just causes more anxiety x

Help1989
14-02-16, 10:19
I know it's hard but try not to worry about your biopsy. I've had a few removed and one that was irregular, about 8mm and two colours. It wasn't anything in the end but I worried so much. A lot of the time the dermatologists will remove moles just to be safe and I know a lot of of my family and friends have had moles removed. the only thing we can do now is monitor our moles but I know with anxiety sufferers it's a fine line between normal monitoring and obsession. When I went abroad in the summer I covered up as much as possible and used so much sun cream, it was probably a bit over the top but until I can find a happy medium it's gonna have to stay that way!