PDA

View Full Version : Increasing from 10mg to 20mg

wal_cott
14-02-16, 01:07
Hi!
I have been on 10mg of citalopram for the past week and I've actually been feeling pretty good. The only side effects I've had were yawning, drowsiness and waking up for like 15mins during the night. Anxiety has been pretty good and my anger and agitation has definitely decreased. I'm starting 20mg tomorrow and I am still a bit nervous for it. I have the whole week off of university since it's a break so there's no better time than now LOL. Just wanted to see how you all think the adjustment will go? I think it will be ok but just wanted some more reassurance.

mark84
17-02-16, 12:11
I'm sure it'll go well, IF you get any side effects they'll pass within a week. Hope it goes well

Suziewuzie
17-02-16, 20:45
Hey I'd be really interested to hear how you get on as I think my GP is going to suggest increasing my dose from 10mg to 20. So keep us posted!

karenp
19-02-16, 10:45
I want to get back on this meds but it gives me heightened anxiety at first. But it is THE ONLY AD that has ever worked for me. I just wish my doctor hadn't take me off it. You should be ok, you may feel the side effects a little more going up to 20mg but not every one even gets them. But they do pass quickly. If I get back on it I am going to do it very slowly, I got on Escitalopram (Lexapro) by going up in quarters but it never worked for my anxiety sadly. Good luck, hope all goes well for you xxx