PDA

View Full Version : Saw dr today

Lissy43
28-02-07, 14:54
Not my usual GP as he is away but a training GP, very nice man but he doesn't really know me that well. He did recognise me though (I live there at the moment, its either me or the children who are off colour).

I am flying to Paris next week, still got ear pain after the sinus infectio, ears are fine though he said I looked very pale. He obviously does not know me as my GP says I will always be 'pale & mysterious':p he knows im always pale so never worries but this DR today siad I looked too pale and very tired. I have about 5 hours broken sleep at night with 3 kiddie what does he expect??lol! He looked at my last blood results from 3 weeks ago, showed my FBC was normal, (yey) but said the ferritin was VERY low at 21.3, he said its gone up from 18 but very low and I needed to increase my iron, he was suprised my regular GP hadn't done this so fair play to him. BP was 120/80 so totally fine.

He said its no wonder im tired with the low fertitin, he said it will really have an impact on my day to day life so I must take the tablets and rest where I can. Yeh right;)

He said after a sinus infection it is normal for the feeling of pressure to be in the ear tubes from ear to throat, its just changes in pressure. Does he mean air pressure outside??? so im not worried, i can fly, lol!

I was abit upset though because he said 'how is your depression these days?' obviously has seen im at the drs abit more often lately, I admit I have been but its only been for iron checks, picking up my iron tablets and this sinus infection yeh I saw a dr twice in a week but I also have 3 kids!!!!! I said it was fine and yes i have anxiety but its alot better than it was, bit run down at mo so yes im abit anxious but nothing i can't control. To which he said 'oh ok, I hope you husband supports you and its good to see your don't need medication' I finished that last June, thank goodness.

Sorry just had to rant.:rolleyes:

nell1965
28-02-07, 16:57
Hi
by my calculations your ferritin is still within the normal range, all be it the low side of normal but still normal, although these ranges can vary slightly from lab to lab,perhaps he was having a very very thorough day. Keep taking the iron though for the moment. I hope you have a great time in Paris, and im not surprised you are tired either with children and very little sleep
Dont forget to visit notre dame its awesome.

Lissy43
28-02-07, 18:00
Thank you.

We are taking the kids to disney but im hoping to get a few hours escape in Paris to do some shopping, hehe.

I was told the normal range is something like 20-150 so yes mine is on the low side. As my full blood count was all normal I guess I shouldn't worry about being pale. I hate it when people say that because im always pale but when people point it out it worries me, lol!

Danuella
01-03-07, 16:56
Hi Cherry,Great to see your feeling better hun and everything seems to be fine.
Have a FANTASTIC time in Paris
Hugs
xx

Lissy43
02-03-07, 19:45
Thanks hun, hope you are well.