PDA

View Full Version : Diazepam not working? My Dad is in hospital and I can't see him - Agoraphobia,toilet.

lecole
14-02-16, 13:10
Hi everyone,

I'm currently going through a few issues. I currently suffer from anxiety attacks, agoraphobia (routes from toilet phobia, which makes it impossible to travel by car, bus etc) and currently on medication. The medication lowers my panic but obviously doesn't give me the ability to go and live normally.

My Dad was taken into hospital last Sunday, via an ambulance I called, and had been there since. They're doing tests and currently treating him for a lung infection. We're just all praying that it is a lung infection that is being currently treated with antibiotics and nothing more sinister.

I contacted my GP first thing on Friday explaining that I really needed help to get to the hospital to see my Dad. She was understanding and prescribed me ONE weeks worth Diazepam at 5mg x2 per day. I took the first about 4pm and felt almost immediately tired. I was feeling relaxed at home but not enough to climb into a car and get to the hospital. I have since taken another that evening, with barely any effect. Then another yesterday. I took one about an hour ago and where I feel relaxed the chances of me getting into the car and going to the hospital tonight look almost invisible nevermind slim.

I had tons of hope on them working enough to get me out the house. I can get out the house to walk my dog but travelling is an issue. Especially via motorway when I can't get out of the car and even the thought of traffic jams set my hands going sweaty.

Can anyone possibly recommend anything? i've honestly thought about just wearing a few sanitary towels and if it happens...it happens. But then the worry of that happening is even worse too.

I'm currently, starting today, working on CBT online but I know these kind of things take time.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

wantpeace
28-02-16, 19:50
When Diazepam didn't work for me, doctors gave me lorazepam. Worked amazingly. Problem is though, it's highly addictive and I'm now addicted to benzos. I have to take diazepam 3 times a day just to stop withdrawal symptoms. They don't reduce my anxiety any more.

Are you on any anti depressant? They are much better for long term anxiety management.