PDA

View Full Version : Pain in chest when moving

HaydenTaylor
14-02-16, 20:12
So i have been experiencing this pain in my chest, it's very specific, as in it only happens around a specific area and nowhere else.. It's right side and is about 3rd/4th rib. Recently, in the past week it has become less painful however has picked up again.. It's a fairly sharp pain when I sit up or move in certain ways, it's more painful in the morning, it doesn't really hurt me to breathe deep, only sometimes... I have also noticed red "spots" around my body it looks like red ink dots that dissapear when i press on them, and then reappear?

---------- Post added at 20:12 ---------- Previous post was at 19:49 ----------

Forgot to say i'm 18 male.

Lin71
14-02-16, 20:12
Hello
Sound like costochondritis. I have this. Its annoying but not serious. Its an inflammation of the cartilage between the sternum and ribs and typically affects the ribs you've mentioned. If you press directly on those ribs with your fingers, can you feel the same pain? Mine comes and goes and is always worse in winter, or after a long car journey or a period of stress. Obviously check with your doctor to confirm but it really sounds like this. It's quite common.

I think the red spots are unrelated....

Lin

HaydenTaylor
14-02-16, 21:45
No pain from pressing down! this was my supsected guess also!