PDA

View Full Version : Abdomen pain and Low temperature

damianjmcgrath
14-02-16, 20:02
I posted recently in the Stomach forum as I have been having lower right side abdomen pain, and I was worried about appendicitis or bowel problems. I'm still getting those pains and I'm now thinking it might be a hernia or maybe a simple muscle strain. I'm giving it a bit longer before going back to the doctors, who couldn't find anything wrong a few days ago.

However, the reason I'm posting in here is because my anxiousness is definitely making it worse. Every time it aches, it kickstarts the anxiety, and I definitely feel more pain or more scared of it being a serious issue.

I've been taking my temperature because I wanted to see if I had a high one, which might be worth mentioning to the doctor. It was consistently around 37.5 for the few days I was checking it, and it was 37.7 in the doctors which he was happy with.

However, over the last few days, my temperature has been 35.5 and hasn't ever got above 36. This feels a huge drop. I don't particularly feel cold, and I don't feel unwell, so hopefully it's fine, but it has started my anxiety up again and I've convinced myself it's a sign of something bad, maybe related to my abdomen pain. I know it's not the thermometer, as everyone else in my house is over 36.5. It's an in ear one which I've read should report higher anyway so 35.5 is even more concerning.

Can anxiety cause low temperature?

damianjmcgrath
15-02-16, 08:01
Has anyone else experienced this? Last night, I also had the worst headache I've ever had, which lasted about 2 hours. It sounds stupid but it feels like my body is shutting down!

nirvanainchains
15-02-16, 11:46
If you’re anxious in nature ever since then it could be anxiety or if it has other symptoms like constipation or loose stools it could be IBS. If it bothers you alot, I would suggest you to go for a doctor visit(a gastroenterologist to be specific)

damianjmcgrath
15-02-16, 12:26
Do you think the low temperature is a concern?

nirvanainchains
16-02-16, 04:37
A range of 37 degrees is normal. That is a sign of anxiety. I developed a habit of checking my pulse/heart beat and temperature. Be calm. It is anxiety acting up.