PDA

View Full Version : Constant tinnitus and it's making me anxious

anxious_thoughts
15-02-16, 06:10
Hi everyone,

It's been years now since Ive had content ringing and whooshing sounds in my ears. And that doesn't make nothing better as I have brain tumour anxiety.

I'm currently getting this higher pitched sound. Where it goes high for a couple second then low, high, low, high, then stops for a second and goes back. I made the mistake of googling it as it said brain tumour is typically the reason for it :( I have never brought it up to my doctors as I thought it was just normal to constantly hear some sort of whooshing sound. Could it actually be a brain tumour? :(

LilGsMama
15-02-16, 09:43
The only thing I can think of would be an acoustic neuroma, which is a benign tumour. I know as I have been scanned for this twice, the last time being last month as I developed tinnitus 2 months ago. When I went to ENT last week he said that MRI would be the next step to check on my tinnitus but since I'd just had one and there was no sign of acoustic neuroma then he wouldn't send me for another one.

Hope this helps?

---------- Post added at 09:43 ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 ----------

Also, there can be other reasons for tinnitus.. I'm currently looking at anxiety, my mild hearing loss, and sinus problems. Also TMJ.