PDA

View Full Version : scared of a brain tumour,ms lightheadedness

Beckie4567
15-02-16, 08:33
Sorry to post I'm so scared of this now and wandering weather to ring the docters I've been having for 6 days now a weird feeling when I walk around like a disorientated feeling or lightheaded its pretty much all the time I'm walking around and I'm petrified.I cant help think brain tumour or ms.i have been getting pain on one ear and around my sinuses but I've had that before and never had this.some people r guna be annoyed by this post but I just want to hear if anyone has experienced this please .no negative comments please

Confused90
15-02-16, 08:37
Sorry to post I'm so scared of this now and wandering weather to ring the docters I've been having for 6 days now a weird feeling when I walk around like a disorientated feeling or lightheaded its pretty much all the time I'm walking around and I'm petrified.I cant help think brain tumour or ms.i have been getting pain on one ear and around my sinuses but I've had that before and never had this.some people r guna be annoyed by this post but I just want to hear if anyone has experienced this please .no negative comments please

Becky i cant believe you have started another thread.. well actually i can.

Stop hunting for reassurance and take your medication this is getting stupid now. You need to start helping yourself and stop being on here 24/7 because toure not helping yourself at all

Beckie4567
15-02-16, 08:47
No negative comments please thankyou

Dharmatown
15-02-16, 09:03
Anxiety can make you feel that way. I often feel.dizzy, lightheaded, disorientated, pressure in my head amongst other things. Try to keep distracted and take your mind off of it aa much as possible.

I know it's easier said that done but you can't let your anxiety take over you. If it will help you feel reassured by all means go to the doctor to get some piece of mind, but you need to find strategies to help you through these times.

Sending positivity your way

Gary A
15-02-16, 09:05

What's more negative than creating a thread insisting you have a brain tumour or MS?

Take. The. Medication.

Quit ****ing around would you?

Skkyee
15-02-16, 09:07
I've been feeling like this for 6 days too on and off. I would love some reassurance too. I would love for someone to tell me the know with 100% certainty that I am 100% healthy and all of my symptoms are imaginary. That's what we all want. Solid reassurance.... But what we really need is to get in touch with our rational minds and remember we have health anxiety... That is what I spent my day battling with! I just try and try to tell myself this is HA playing with my mind. I know it is!! It's hard to remember that sometimes.

And I have the same symptoms as you... Including the ear/sinus thing... I have stress and pressure in my life and it's making me worse.

Let's try to stay logical and rational. It's our best weapon against HA....

...... That and prescribed medication, that's got to help if we have been prescribed it right??

Skkyee xx

Confused90
15-02-16, 09:08

No, this isnt negative its time for you to bloody help yourself. You're being negative by ignoring everyone, stop pulling the victim card out and HELP YOURSELF

Savvy_Darling
15-02-16, 09:11
Hi Beckie, I'm actually worried about a brain tumor as well. Except the symptoms that have me thinking it is is pain in the back of my head - more so when laying down and overall head tension feeling.. Like random pains coming and going. I've also be very stressed the past few days and hoping this is due to poor posture / neck strain. But I feel for your fear. And I hate feeling so fearful. /: but..

I think your symptoms are probably due to stress as I've seen from all your recent posts you've been very health anxious.. What are the chances you could have everything you've been worried about the past few days? Not likely.

I've seen brain tumor as a pretty regular occurring fear here on no more panic soo I hope this is because stress can cause head tension and pain. Of course I won't feel better until my pains go away as they keep making me get upset.

Wishing the best for us both /:

Phuzella
15-02-16, 09:19
Go to the doctors :)

MyNameIsTerry
15-02-16, 09:30
I've seen brain tumor as a pretty regular occurring fear here on no more panic soo I hope this is because stress can cause head tension and pain. Of course I won't feel better until my pains go away as they keep making me get upset.

As a non HA sufferer, I can tell you it absolutely does.

I've had headaches for over 3 months daily in the past and 2 years on, I'm still alive.

I'm having a fair few headaches the last few weeks and neck spasms. Anything around the neck area can cause tension and headaches.

What else causes headaches? How about Bruxism? (clenching/grinding) Constantly doing this causes the bands of muscle around your head to tense to and then you get headaches. We even have an advert on TV showing that to sell their headache tablets.

Muscular tension is one of the most common anxiety symptoms. Months of that daily and you get all kinds of issues including GI ones! You change your posture, you walk differently to compensate and it all adds on further bringing more muscular aches & pains, joint pains, etc.

How about tiredness? Fatigue is very common in anxiety (more so in depression) as we are burning a lot of adrenaline and you can't keep it up hence you get washed out and the body demands rest to recuperate.

How about looking at screen too much? A well known one for us office workers. Anti glare screens are rubbish...they don't work.

Oh and the more your eyesight is struggling due to those pesky brain chemical issues, guess what?...Yup, eyestrain and more headaches.

Anxiety isn't just about anxiety, it brings many physical symptoms with it because of all of the things like this. BUT if you type any of the above into Google, I bet you can guess all the lethal diseases it will pull up...because people with those often have similar issues because of their illness.

Challenge it. Accept it. Work on your thinking. Understand your Cognitive Distortions. Understand how to spot & combat bias. They happen in all anxiety & depression disorders.

Anxiety is powerful. There are cases of people who I don't talk about on the HA board that neurologists have confirmed as anxiety and you would be very surprised why they were seeing them. You wouldn't think what they went through was even possible.

androidz
15-02-16, 09:47
What else causes headaches? How about Bruxism? (clenching/grinding) Constantly doing this causes the bands of muscle around your head to tense to and then you get headaches. We even have an advert on TV showing that to sell their headache tablets.

Muscular tension is one of the most common anxiety symptoms. Months of that daily and you get all kinds of issues including GI ones! You change your posture, you walk differently to compensate and it all adds on further bringing more muscular aches & pains, joint pains, etc.

This.

It doesn't even have to be bruxism, just anxiety by itself makes your muscles more tense, and there are some key muscles that, when they are too tense/tight, can cause a miriad of symptoms.

One of these key muscles is the sternocleidomastoid (SCM), the two big "cables" of muscle on each side of the neck. Problems with these muscles can manifest in:

Dizziness and lightheadedness
Headaches
Facial pain
Upper back pain
Referred problems to other muscles
Others

The other key muscles I can think of right now are the masseters, or your cheek muscles. These are the muscles that are used during mastication, or to open and close your mouth. Problems in these can cause:

Jaw pain and soreness
Headaches again
TMJ disorder
Lightheadedness again
Jaw getting locked open when opened too wide
Referred problems to other muscles like the SCM
Others

Sometimes it's hard to believe that a supposed mental condition like anxiety can manifest so intensely in a physical way, but it definitely can AND it does. Understanding the mechanisms of anxiety is the first step to control it.

Beckie4567
15-02-16, 09:56
Thankyou for your posts I've also noticed wen I was in bathroom this morning very bright there were little dot like things on my eyes this scared me to the max.

Hopefulmi
15-02-16, 09:57
So because people suggested good reasons for your symptoms you have added another one?

HopelessWorrier2011
15-02-16, 09:58
This is a site where people come to meet like minded people which has a positive effect on each individual, this isn't the case for you which is why people are advising you should stay off here for a while. My honest opinion is you don't want to get better, if you did you would have taken those meds, if not for you but for your children. Instead your constantly on here seeking attention. This site has had a very positive effect on my thought process, it is fuelling yours in a negative way. I am not going to comment on your symptoms as I am not a Dr but I do know you have explored a vast majority of potential terminal illnesses and diagnosed yourself with having them. You will not accept its all in your head, you may have suffered symptoms but do do a lot of other people and yes they panic but you are on a whole new level. Take the meds for your kids as they are the main sufferes here

Beckie4567
15-02-16, 09:58
I'm not adding symptoms I actually have them in not making them up

nivekc251
15-02-16, 10:01
I had this thought I had a brain tumor. I couldn't focus on anything and felt like I was in a dream. Then another symptom started happening and I Googled it , and all of a sudden the brain tumor fears and symptoms were gone and I moved on to another sinister disease to worry about. It's a vicious cycle, but this is a health anxiety forum and if you need reassurance from peers then post. If this really concerns you call the doctor and get checked out. Alot of times a simple eye exam can cross out alot of brain tumor issues. You'll get through this don't worry all that does is intensifies your symptoms.

HopelessWorrier2011
15-02-16, 10:02
I have had every symptom you have stated and also most of your previous posts

Hopefulmi
This is a site where people come to meet like minded people which has a positive effect on each individual, this isn't the case for you which is why people are advising you should stay off here for a while. My honest opinion is you don't want to get better, if you did you would have taken those meds, if not for you but for your children. Instead your constantly on here seeking attention. This site has had a very positive effect on my thought process, it is fuelling yours in a negative way. I am not going to comment on your symptoms as I am not a Dr but I do know you have explored a vast majority of potential terminal illnesses and diagnosed yourself with having them. You will not accept its all in your head, you may have suffered symptoms but do do a lot of other people and yes they panic but you are on a whole new level. Take the meds for your kids as they are the main sufferes here

This. You aren't even being consistent your symptoms and what you think you have is changing within the space of one post. When I was this ill I begged for tablets to spare my little boy and make things better for him. You seem to just want the attention and a reason to be anxious without considering the effect on your family at all. It seems terribly selfish. Sounds like you are going to ruin their weekend away by not taking the meds

androidz
You don't have symptoms, you just think you do.

Gary A
15-02-16, 10:10
Thankyou for your posts I've also noticed wen I was in bathroom this morning very bright there were little dot like things on my eyes this scared me to the max.

:weep:

You are literally impossible.

Phuzella
15-02-16, 10:17
Take the kiddies out for a walk. You'll feel like crap but hey what an achievement. Sitting still makes dizziness worse for when you stand up. You need to get the circulation going. I ' cured ' myself from agoraphobia years ago by running full speed across a vast beach to the sea . Yep scared me witless but I sure felt good about it after. You have to jolt yourself out of this self pity and start living.

Confused90
15-02-16, 10:20

I now strongly think everyone should ignore you and these threads, because we're feeding your anxieties by trying to help you.

You dont want to help yourself get better

Phuzella
15-02-16, 10:22
Agreed Confused 90

Hopefulmi
15-02-16, 10:23
I now strongly think everyone should ignore you and these threads, because we're feeding your anxieties by trying to help you.

You dont want to help yourself get better

Agreed on my part. You just ignore everybody anyway or join other people's threads without trying to make them feel better but turn it back to you. You clearly want someone to say yes I think you have that or you wouldn't keep adding symptoms. My friend with a brain tumour had no symptoms until his first seizure. That's usually how life works.

MyNameIsTerry
15-02-16, 10:36
Take the kiddies out for a walk. You'll feel like crap but hey what an achievement. Sitting still makes dizziness worse for when you stand up. You need to get the circulation going. I ' cured ' myself from agoraphobia years ago by running full speed across a vast beach to the sea . Yep scared me witless but I sure felt good about it after. You have to jolt yourself out of this self pity and start living.

Wow that's amazing, Phuzella! Just having a beach to do it on.

Seriously, as another poster said on a previous thread, people keep saying this situation is frustrating them yet they all stay involved in it. I think the door swings both ways on people taking a break from things. Why make yourself feel worse?

Confused90
15-02-16, 10:58
Wow that's amazing, Phuzella! Just having a beach to do it on.

Seriously, as another poster said on a previous thread, people keep saying this situation is frustrating them yet they all stay involved in it. I think the door swings both ways on people taking a break from things. Why make yourself feel worse?

Maybe people keep getting involved, because you know, the point of this forum is to help people.

Beckie4567
15-02-16, 11:51
I no Terri they keep saying get off this forum and there not commenting no more yet all they do is comment .i cant help my symptoms in not making then yp

MyNameIsTerry
15-02-16, 12:01
Maybe people keep getting involved, because you know, the point of this forum is to help people.

Thanks, I didn't know that! :rolleyes:

But when things get frustrated and out come the comments, I don't see how that helps anyone? Getting yourselves wound up makes no sense.

---------- Post added at 12:01 ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 ----------

I no Terri they keep saying get off this forum and there not commenting no more yet all they do is comment .i cant help my symptoms in not making then yp

People don't think you are making them up, Beckie. They just want you to learn to accept them for what they are and to believe in yourself enough to work on your recovery so you break free of this cycle.

Confused90
15-02-16, 12:09
Oh good Terry glad you ****ing know that now

There comes a time when we need to stop mincing words and put it straight thst her making countless threads ignoring the useful comments people made is not helping.

She needs to take the meds and start helping herself. Not next week or whatever but now

MyNameIsTerry
15-02-16, 12:17
Wow, and now you are giving me attitude. I guess you don't like your sarcasm being returned? If you hadn't given it in the first place, I wouldn't have been tempted to return it.

So, what you are saying is that it's impossible to straight talk without inflammatory comments?

But again I see what I said about people getting themselves wound up has been missed. Do people think it good for themselves in a situation they admit they don't feel they can change? They can take a break too, there are plenty of people on here asking for help after all. (There are threads on here from people in some very difficult situations) Yet this thread, and the others, has quite a few watchers yet people are saying they are being frustrated by them. Why be in them then? :shrug:

Beckie4567
15-02-16, 12:19
How am I ignoring comments I read every post I have.u keep saying I'm ignoring them yet u don't understand that health anxiety makes u worry so that overrides everything.i CANT help it !!!!

Confused90
15-02-16, 12:34
Wow, and now you are giving me attitude. I guess you don't like your sarcasm being returned? If you hadn't given it in the first place, I wouldn't have been tempted to return it.

So, what you are saying is that it's impossible to straight talk without inflammatory comments?

But again I see what I said about people getting themselves wound up has been missed. Do people think it good for themselves in a situation they admit they don't feel they can change? They can take a break too, there are plenty of people on here asking for help after all. (There are threads on here from people in some very difficult situations) Yet this thread, and the others, has quite a few watchers yet people are saying they are being frustrated by them. Why be in them then? :shrug:

oh please get off that high horse Terry :L

Becky you have jad so so many nice comments before people have started grtting annoyed but if you want to play the victom card and ignore the countless amounts of good advice you got before people got annyoed then fine. You do that

---------- Post added at 12:34 ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 ----------

How am I ignoring comments I read every post I have.u keep saying I'm ignoring them yet u don't understand that health anxiety makes u worry so that overrides everything.i CANT help it !!!!

No you cant help it youre rght thats the illness. BUT YOU CAN HELP YOURSELF

Beckie4567
15-02-16, 12:34
The only person saying I'm ignoring them is u !! I no I'm not! I just don't see why if I'm annoying people why they just don't comment

MyNameIsTerry
15-02-16, 12:41
Well, you can't beat a bit of hypocrisy on a Monday morning. :wall::chairfall:

Gary A
15-02-16, 12:44

I think people do understand that's exactly what health anxiety makes you do, but you're wrong when you say you can't help it. You certainly can, it just appears that you don't want to.

You've been advised that maybe taking a short break from this forum would assist you in putting your health worries out of your mind for a while. You have not done so. You've been given SSRI medication which can be very effective in helping reduce levels of anxiety. You haven't taken them, and keep coming up with excuses to put it off.

You've been told to have a look back at your previous threads and posts and see just how certain you were that your symptoms were a sign of something terrible. You haven't, you've simply created thread after thread with yet more weird and wonderful symptoms, even after admin gave you prior warning to stop creating threads about your symptoms.

When someone gives you a perfectly reasonable explanation of why you're getting these symptoms, you either dismiss it off hand or simply add more symptoms on, in some strange attempt to justify your concerns.

Personally, I find this thread, and others like it, frustrating, yet somehow fascinating. It's like watching a car crash. You don't want to look but for some reason you're compelled to.

At this point I'm torn between labelling you an attention seeker or an out and out troll. My patient side is telling me to keep trying to talk sense in to you. My cynical side is telling me to avoid you like the plague.

I just wish you'd try to act even a bit more sensibly, and stop this game of "I can't help it, the world is against me."

Anxiety sucks, but it will suck even harder the more you just roll over and accept it. You are not even trying to fight it Beckie.

Confused90
15-02-16, 12:47
Well, you can't beat a bit of hypocrisy on a Monday morning. :wall::chairfall:

No you ****in can't mate, but keep banging your head, might knock some sense into you - Hey it might stop you being a pretentious nob!

Becky you are ignoring it..

What about people seeing you should take a break from here, or distance yourself from creating more and more threads about all these new "symptoms"
what about spending time with your kids/husband instead of on here 24/7
You havent done any of that have you?

What about taking your meds that the doctor has gave you? No you havent yet either

You cannot help feeling like this I know, I never said you could, no one has. But you bloody can help yourself in getting better

Gary A
15-02-16, 12:50
Confused90, calm down. I understand your frustration but Terry is putting forth a valid point. I myself don't understand why I keep being drawn to these threads even though they wind me up. As I said, it's like watching a car crash that for some reason you just can't take your eyes off.

Can I advise you both not to turn against each other? You essentially agree on the main point. :unsure:

Confused90
15-02-16, 12:53
Confused90, calm down. I understand your frustration but Terry is putting forth a valid point. I myself don't understand why I keep being drawn to these threads even though they wind me up. As I said, it's like watching a car crash that for some reason you just can't take your eyes off.

Can I advise you both not to turn against each other? You essentially agree on the main point. :unsure:

haha sorry but I stand by it he always has the moral high ground.

But yeah, I dont know why I come back either, hey maybe I should give up and you all should to!

Fishmanpa
15-02-16, 13:01

Not answering direct questions is one way you ignore comments and then there's the fact that you even ignore yourself! :doh:

Goodbye I'm going off here

Positive thoughts

Gary A
15-02-16, 13:03
haha sorry but I stand by it he always has the moral high ground.

But yeah, I dont know why I come back either, hey maybe I should give up and you all should to!

I think he just has more patience than most. Nothing wrong with that, in my book anyway.

MyNameIsTerry
15-02-16, 13:03

Water off a ducks back, Gary.

Even Admin were saying this on the other thread and it just gets ignored.

I like your honesty and I'll admit i'm the same too, human nature I guess. I just wish people would stop getting so animated about it all, it just ends up in argument and everybody loses. There are other people on this forum worrying about meds and getting stuck in cycles of self destructive behaviour just like Beckie (and those before her) and the irony is that if Beckie didn't post so frequently, she would be just like them (not considering the frustration on her side and the thread deletion) and the tone of the threads would be very different.

Gary A
15-02-16, 13:09
Water off a ducks back, Gary.

Even Admin were saying this on the other thread and it just gets ignored.

I like your honesty and I'll admit i'm the same too, human nature I guess. I just wish people would stop getting so animated about it all, it just ends up in argument and everybody loses. There are other people on this forum worrying about meds and getting stuck in cycles of self destructive behaviour just like Beckie (and those before her) and the irony is that if Beckie didn't post so frequently, she would be just like them (not considering the frustration on her side and the thread deletion) and the tone of the threads would be very different.

I think that's the issue, though. Her tone. There's almost an arrogance there. I can't fathom why she tells people not to respond to her, then when people don't respond she just bumps the thread and says something like "100 views and nobody responding, guess I must be dying then."

That type of thing would piss a monk off. It's all very demanding from her.

Perhaps a general rule should be put forth that anyone who is irritated by a particular individual should bring the "ignore" function into play. Clearly we can't be trusted not to keep responding otherwise.

Beckie4567
15-02-16, 13:12
There's no tone.i havnt a go at anyone once only stuck up for myself

Fishmanpa
15-02-16, 13:15
I think that's the issue, though. Her tone. There's almost an arrogance there. I can't fathom why she tells people not to respond to her, then when people don't respond she just bumps the thread and says something like "100 views and nobody responding, guess I must be dying then."

Perhaps a general rule should be put forth that anyone who is irritated by a particular individual should bring the "ignore" function into play. Clearly we can't be trusted not to keep responding otherwise.

Spot on! She'll still get the attention she seeks and new people will be pulled into the vortex but at least those of us who are tired of banging their heads against the wall will be saved from the drama and frustration.

Positive thoughts

Gary A
15-02-16, 13:19
There's no tone.i havnt a go at anyone once only stuck up for myself

Yes there is. I think it's high time you stopped looking at how everyone reacts to you and focus in a lot closer on what it is that YOU DO that makes people react in such ways.

I mean, seriously, do you honestly not get why people are frustrated here Beckie? Do you honestly, hand on heart, feel that you are doing everything YOU can to help yourself?

Anxiety makes you irrational, it doesn't make you delusional.

Fishmanpa
15-02-16, 13:27

On the contrary, I truly believe it can and does (there are examples of that currently on the boards) but that could be a rather interesting thread discussion in and of itself! :)

That being said, your point is quite valid.

Positive thoughts

MyNameIsTerry
15-02-16, 13:48

We all have our weak spots, mine lie elsewhere.

I don't like the ignore function personally, but if it saves people a trigger I can understand it. I don't agree with anyone campaigning for it though, it's too school yard.

I have my own opinions on why I think Beckie reacts in certain ways and perhaps reacting to it just fuels the fire? But it's not one way to me, Beckie gets annoyed too and I've seen her taking comments the wrong way and reacting negatively to people plus the thread deletion is something I disagree with.

Beckie - I class myself impartial and I believe things are not one way and have said so which shows its not a matter of everyone being against you. You do need to recognise that when you bump threads and react by posting something out of frustration as Gary has given an example of, that people equally anxious may react in the same way. I think you do from some of yours apologetic comments but then something happens and you react again. Try to take a breather when this happens and don't quickly post because you will react with stronger emotion and this means less thought. If you can work on cutting down your posting a bit, it will help this situation but it will also help you in the long run despite how it may feed your anxiety at the time.

---------- Post added at 13:48 ---------- Previous post was at 13:34 ----------

I agree. Delusional means you believe it to 100% true in the face of the evidence and you won't find anyone with a delusional disorder on a forum for the same reason you won't find someone with psychosis. Someone delusional doesn't entertain the possibility of it being wrong e.g. they would completely believe they had 3 arms.

But I think something that is often forgotten is that anxiety is present in Othery mental health issues and we never know whether personality is an element or whether there is even a personality disorder. It's interesting that some PD's do have severely resistant traits but I'm not suggesting that's the case here, just that I stay open to it until you know more about the poster.

Beckie4567
15-02-16, 13:55
I only ever want to feel normal and not worry that's all I want

Elen
15-02-16, 13:56
Right guys seriously enough.

I am at work and dont have time to wade through all the comments to work out which should be allowed to stay and which need deleted.

No more arguing between each other on this thread regardless of how you feel.

pulisa
15-02-16, 14:02
I'm puzzled as to why your GP hasn't suggested a more in-depth analysis of your mental health difficulties. Beckie? Like a full psychological assessment?

Beckie4567
15-02-16, 14:20
I did some cbt which helped while I was there but didn't really feel it wen I was on my own.i then went bk few weeks back and asked them if they'd refer me bk as I thought I needed it.so I do no I need help and I am helping myself dispute previous comments

Gary A
15-02-16, 14:30
I did some cbt which helped while I was there but didn't really feel it wen I was on my own.i then went bk few weeks back and asked them if they'd refer me bk as I thought I needed it.so I do no I need help and I am helping myself dispute previous comments

Well that is indeed an example of you trying to help yourself. Good stuff.

In the meantime Beckie, I honestly believe you should give yourself a few days break from this forum. It will honestly help to keep your mind off of all this stuff. You have to try and stop dwelling on things like this. Anxiety will destroy you if you give it the attention of craves. Try as best as you can to ignore these thoughts. You dizziness is not caused by a brain tumour or MS. Those types of things would cause horrible vertigo, it wouldn't cause momentary lightheadedness.

What you have is a classic anxiety symptom. Look at the amounts of people on here who complain of exactly the same thing. What's more likely? That they all have brain tumours or MS, or that they all suffer with anxiety?

Beckie4567
15-02-16, 14:31
Its just horrible wen its constant sorry �� don't want to row with anyone just scarey

pulisa
15-02-16, 14:34

Actually I wasn't referring to CBT as this may not be at all helpful to you as has been proved already and is obvious based on the nature of your posts on here. I was referring to a full diagnostic assessment by a clinical psychologist who may be able to help you more?

Beckie4567
15-02-16, 15:25
My docter hadn't suggested that to me

---------- Post added at 15:25 ---------- Previous post was at 15:15 ----------

Its just scarey I'm sorry everyone for th e constant posting funny thong is I havnt even thought about my foot that was being funny the last few days its crazy i just hope this is all just anxiety I really do

.Poppy.
15-02-16, 15:34
It's totally anxiety. Isn't it funny though how we can skip from symptom to symptom like that? Our minds are bizarre for sure. I skip around daily it seems...thinking I'm losing my hair and the next day it seems fine, then chest pain but then that goes away, etc.

Can you ask for a referral from you GP?

Beckie4567
15-02-16, 15:39
For what hun ? I've been referred bk to cbt on my request.my eyes just seem dry aswell

Confused90
15-02-16, 15:49
For what hun ? I've been referred bk to cbt on my request.my eyes just seem dry aswell

I have chronic dry eyes, every day, something i suffer with naturally, and made 100x worse thanks to my job. But theres nothing sinister about it

Hopefulmi
15-02-16, 15:50

That will cause the spots. I had that with my BT fear, dried my eyes out from stress dehydration etc and then the spots were there. I got eye drops, really helped

.Poppy.
15-02-16, 15:51
Sorry, I meant referred to a psychologist. Maybe someone who could give you more insight and help you devise a plan to combat this a little better? I think with CBT you have to work at home as well.

Beckie4567
15-02-16, 15:56
I no I'm fine wen I get there and work thro it with them but as soon as I'm home I just feel the negative over powers the strength to do it.this is by far the worst symptom I've had �� .

pulisa
15-02-16, 16:38
That's why you need a proper assessment by a psychologist who would be able to recommend a treatment plan for you. CBT may be completely the wrong therapy for you

Beckie4567
15-02-16, 17:18
I didn't no there was other therapy's available out there

---------- Post added at 17:18 ---------- Previous post was at 16:54 ----------

Headache now �� how can I shake this I just wana feel normal again �� not this fuzzy head

.Poppy.
15-02-16, 17:32
Anxiety isn't really a one size fits all approach. I do think a referral to a psych would be beneficial.

A headache isn't surprising considering how stressed you've been. It's more surprising you haven't had one until now.

I don't know if it's possible but could your GP have given you a message to take temporarily until you were ready to start the other? Mine prescribed me hydroxine (sp) last week as he wanted me to talk to an actual psychiatrist about what would be best for me. However, this particular med is taken as needed, can be very helpful, and doesn't have too many side effects. It did make me feel tired, but I think the sleep was good (and would be good for you too). I still feel anxious but it was easier to accept and that's not too bad considering I only took it twice and that was a couple of days ago.

I'm not saying this is the answer, I'm not a doc so I don't know. I'm sorry you don't seem to have a GP or anyone really who is willing to fight for you - maybe I got lucky in that regard? Still - I think it's important to fight for yourself too. Ask about a referral to a psych. Ask about the med and any side effects you're concerned about. It might be too late to get a temp prescription since you're going to take the other med after this weekend (right??) but maybe it's worth a call anyway?

Beckie4567
15-02-16, 17:48
I'm just worried that the medication will mask over these horrible feelings I'm having I mean I cud cry I feel so disorientated walking around its horrible I just want to cry and cant believe this is all anxiety it just cant be.i no I jump from one thing the other but this is the worse one of the lot.

.Poppy.
15-02-16, 18:05
I'm just worried that the medication will mask over these horrible feelings I'm having

IMO, that would be a concern to talk over with a professional.

Are you afraid that you're not going to be able to give "proper attention" to the "symptoms" or are you afraid of what life will be like when it is different - without these fears?

Maybe it was Fishmanpa who said on another of your threads that anxiety can be like being in an abusive relationship - we know it's bad and that we should leave but it is so ingrained in us, such a part of us, that it is hard to imagine things being different. That statement really resonated with me.

It's especially hard with HA because it's hard to see a brighter picture. We think we can get better if only __________ would resolve and we can't imagine getting past these symptoms mentally because to us they are so very real.

I have a lot of fears right now but my fear of the day is hair loss. I am obsessed with it. I was even counting shedded hairs this morning! The other day though it was that I thought my eyebrows were balding. Crazy, right. But I looked in the mirror this morning and they looked just fine. Tomorrow I may be obsessing again. Who knows.

It's particularly hard for me because my symptoms right now largely seem to be visible or on the surface. No one else sees a problem but I'm just sure it's there. And since I think I can physically see it happening it's harder to ignore or chalk up to anxiety. But as anxiety can cause physical symptoms it totally could be just that. And as I'm afraid of additional side effects of a med I'm on that restarted my HA (NOT a med you will probably ever have to take, it is NOT an anxiety drug) I start to worry about the future. But then, it's very likely none of this will come to pass either.

Enough about me. The way you jump from symptom to symptom is CLASSIC HA. You have to fight the anxiety. Medication won't gloss over symptoms or make dangerous this go away - but combined with therapy it can make the imaginary stuff disappear.

I still say, call your doc and ask for a psych referral. If for nothing else than to look over therapy options that may benefit you more.

In the meantime, I know some people have had success with standing doctor visits - monthly or every 6 weeks or so. In addition to meds and therapy that might be helpful starting out because you can tell yourself, "it's okay that I feel this symptom because I will see a professional about it soon but until then I will be fine". Keep a list if need be. Hopefully as time goes on you'll need those visits less and less.

pulisa
15-02-16, 18:06
Every symptom will be worse than the last ones as your anxiety increases

Mercime
15-02-16, 18:07
I can't believe this is being taken seriously. This person has been on here, making certain she is at the forefront of the attention ALL DAY. The mysterious kids and husband that never seem to need her attention, if they even exist. I doubt so. Suppose she will say somebody else took them to school or fed them or put them to bed. I looked back through posts and she says she did therapy, I don't believe it for a second. Too busy spending all her time here, feeding off the attention that more and more people are giving her. Narcissism in action. Everyone thinks it, well mostly, but nobody is saying it. These threads should be locked because I've never seen anything like this. And for the administrator who lectured me about how mental illness presents itself, I don't need to be told thanks. I know a narcissist when I see one.
There is some poor woman who has lost her baby on another thread, her pain I can't begin to imagine. Then there are what, 9 or 10 pages of this nonsense? Incredible. Lock the threads, stop her bumping posts. You're being taken for a ride, and most of you know it. This woman is taking over your place and you're letting her get away with it! This is a game and you're being played.

Confused90
15-02-16, 18:22
I can't believe this is being taken seriously. This person has been on here, making certain she is at the forefront of the attention ALL DAY. The mysterious kids and husband that never seem to need her attention, if they even exist. I doubt so. Suppose she will say somebody else took them to school or fed them or put them to bed. I looked back through posts and she says she did therapy, I don't believe it for a second. Too busy spending all her time here, feeding off the attention that more and more people are giving her. Narcissism in action. Everyone thinks it, well mostly, but nobody is saying it. These threads should be locked because I've never seen anything like this. And for the administrator who lectured me about how mental illness presents itself, I don't need to be told thanks. I know a narcissist when I see one.
There is some poor woman who has lost her baby on another thread, her pain I can't begin to imagine. Then there are what, 9 or 10 pages of this nonsense? Incredible. Lock the threads, stop her bumping posts. You're being taken for a ride, and most of you know it. This woman is taking over your place and you're letting her get away with it! This is a game and you're being played.

I will admit, Im starting to wonder how the kids and husband deal with her being on here 24/7

Fishmanpa
15-02-16, 18:26
Use the Force Luke... use the Force....

FYI...The Force = the "ignore" feature ;)

Positive thoughts

Elen
15-02-16, 18:31

Hi Mercime NMP has always had an inclusive policy where people can post without fear of judgement or being accused of lying.

People can make up their own minds as to whether they should contribute to a post or not.

Some may not like this way of handling things but that is the philosophy behind the site.

I trust that all members will bear this in mind before hitting submit reply.

Pipkin
15-02-16, 18:48

Mercime - this is a very complex issue and you clearly don't understand the vast breadth of mental illnesses which our members suffer from. The crucial point is being supportive of each other, regardless of how frustrating situations become. I think we've all experienced enough ignorance and prejudice in our day-to-day lives without it appearing here. Elen is absolutely right - we are an inclusive site and that is at the heart of what we do.

You're of the opinion we're being taken for a ride. Who knows, you may be right. That said, I'd rather be taken for a ride than risk ignoring an anxiety sufferer in need due to my own frustration and lack of understanding.

If you have nothing to say except speculation about another member's situation, I suggest you focus your attention on other threads.

And needless to say here, all our hearts go out to Jade and the terrible loss she has suffered. As a fellow admin, she is always in my thoughts.

Beckie - this is clearly not helping you. I suggest you start your medication as soon as possible and focus on getting better. We can't give you the reassurance you want and constantly asking for it is making you feel worse.

I'm now closing this thread.

Pip