PDA

View Full Version : what just happened?

spacebunnyx
28-02-07, 15:24
i just went to the dr's for my repeat smear (see earlier post), but i didn't make it.. i missed my appointment by 15 mins and i was told i would have to wait until friday now. i told the receptionist not to worry and ran off and cried for half and hour in the loos. i'd geared myself up so much to go i couldn't face being told i would have to wait until friday. i feel really shakey and weepy, its never happened before, am i having some kind of break down? :confused:

Trev
28-02-07, 15:26
Not a break down just a normal stress release action. After all of the tension of the build up it's natural for some sort of release especially when you know you will have to go through the build up again.

Try not to worry about it.

Cheers,
Trev

mirry
28-02-07, 15:33
Hi Jessica, I can understand how that would make me feel like that too.
I had mine done in January and got very anxious before hand, I even took a pain killer incase I felt it. I think the crying was just your way to release the stress of it all. Its not long until friday and once youve had it done you will look back and think "what was I worried about" .
ALso dont see the missed appointment as a failure on your behalf as this can lower your self esteem......it was just a confusion and happens all the time to lots of people !!!

Piglet
28-02-07, 15:34
Aww hun that would have upset anyone - Trev's right it was a release of tension cos you had built yourself up for.

(((J)))

Piglet x

Lissy43
28-02-07, 16:01
Totally normal if you were nervous beforehand. I know I have to gear myself up for these things and once im on my way there I am ready for it, if i was let down like that id be upset too.