PDA

View Full Version : Ruined the one good thing I had going.

frazm88
15-02-16, 11:27
Basically over the weekend, I screwed up with the girl I've been dating over the past month.

I was going to a gig and she offered to pick me up. One way or another it transpired that my mate drove through and I told her she never had to come through, saving her a two hour round trip.

My mate left early due to something out of his control and I then had to text to ask if she could infact pick me up, which it was too late.

I managed to get home (after sleeping on a mates hotel room floor) and I had sent her a few texts through the night to no reply, this kicked of my anxiety of her not replying and that I had screwed it up.

6 texts later I had a reply, but it was too late. We were meant to go out for a meal yesterday and I asked on Saturday if she still wanted to come, but she said we should cancel...

I'm now in the zone of self loathing and thinking I'll never get any better than this girl, I keep replaying the texts in my head and thinking what an idiot I was.

I feel as though I'm not capable of a normal relationship like all my mates seem to be in due to my anxiety, constant need for reassurance, nervous when I don't get a reply and I feel like I've completely screwed this up through my own doing.

Apologise for the life story, I just don't know where else to go with this.

thanks

F

.Poppy.
15-02-16, 18:24
What exactly were you texting her? Do you have a history of too many texts? Did she say why she had to cancel?

I think it would be best to talk to her about this. Maybe she's just not feeling chemistry - that's not your fault, it's just life. If the constant texts put her off, could you explain you have anxiety? She would probably be more understanding than you think.

frazm88
15-02-16, 20:15
The text were along the lines of asking if I had ruined it, I can't really remember having any history of over texting, it just seemed the whole thing put me on edge.

I'm not sure contacting her again will do me any favours if she doesn't reply then I'm completely done.

Thanks for the reply.

Fishmanpa
15-02-16, 20:49
Just a month of dating, the circumstances, events, text contents and the cancellation is the writing on the wall. Best to lick your wounds and move on tbh. I'm sure there are other "good things" in your life.

Positive thoughts

frazm88
16-02-16, 20:55
thanks Fishman, I think you're right, I've really only got myself to blame, but time shall be a healer I guess.