PDA

View Full Version : What do tension headaches feel like?

Ditapage
16-02-16, 07:48
I keep reading descriptions like tight band around the head, but what about tightness, pressure in the back of the head? It's not painful, it's not every day, and it's hard to describe. But today felt like the back of my head was going to burst. It's like the scalp is super tight and tense. It's not a normal headache feeling. It's just SO uncomfortable and I was wondering if it's a tension headache? does anyone get pressure in the back of the head. It's like right in the middle of the back of my head. Sometimes it's across the whole back or just a spot that feels tight. I get worked up when I start feeling it. Appreciate any input, thanks!

GingerFish
16-02-16, 10:31
To me they always start out in the back of my neck. My neck feels stiff and is agony to touch even slightly and then from my neck I feel the pain got around like a band to the front of my head and then my forehead becomes sore and tender to touch as well. The most pressure I feel from a tension headache is usually from the bottom back of my head/top of my neck.

shirlp
16-02-16, 17:56
I don't get the band feeling. Just at the back, where u are saying ditapage. And over the top. Its a nuisance.

els83
17-02-16, 13:50
Does anything trigger this pain Ditapage?

I have been getting a similar pain when I cough or laugh hard- it starts at the back of my head where you describe and feels like my head will explode for about 30 seconds, then it goes. There's no 'headache' per say

Ditapage
18-02-16, 07:43
Thanks all :) it all sounds familiar. It's reassuring that they aren't always a band, and can be top or back.

I'm so fed up with the weird pains and pressures tension causes to the scalp.

Nothing seems to trigger it els83. Maybe emotional upset? Posture? I sit and twirl my hair when I'm reading and I pull it quite hard- sometimes I wonder if that causes tension headache too. I guess I should pay more attention to when they happen. Mine are not 30 seconds, they can last all day but thankfully one day has been the limit so far.

shirlp
18-02-16, 22:58
Mine r in the back of my head, I don't feel a band at all.. Plus a find grabbing a fist full of hair helps, not pulled hard. Strange

pepperutchie
21-03-16, 02:40
Hi i know that this has been an old post i get this same back of the head pain and im just wondering how everybody s doing?