PDA

View Full Version : agraphobia

twinkle22
24-09-04, 18:13
:( hi im twinkle 22 does anyone know how i can get stronger as i cant leave my back yard & feel so scared & alone its been this way for 5 years ive lost my freinds which hurts please help me xx[V]

t bennett

seh1980
24-09-04, 18:39
hello again Twinkle,

I was agoraphobic for about 8 months and know how difficult it can be. Are you on any medication? I'm on cipralex and it has really helped me lots. I used to not be able to leave my flat and eventually, my boyfriend had to force me to go out. I hated it at first but eventually it did get easier. The main things is that you take things slowly. Start just by going about 100 metres from your house and take it from there. Eventually, you will find that you can stay out for hours and be fine.

Sarah :D

another_adam
25-09-04, 00:13
hi twinkle22 sorry to hear your going through such a hard time.
i agree with seh1980, i guess phoneing your doctor would be a good first step. I found reading about the problem from books or websites, understanding the thought processes and why you feel like you do helps.

other than the good advice on the nomorepanic website,

I just found this site..
http://www.healthyplace.com/Communities/Anxiety/Site/transcripts/agoraphobia.asp

adam.

ps. if you want to talk my emails adamuk@operamail.com

sal
25-09-04, 01:07
Hi Twinkle

Replied to your other post that was similar.

Cant be easy for you and it will take a lot of time and hard work with us supporting you to move forward.

I know you say you lost a lot of friends as they dont understand and a lot of us have suffered that.

Is there anyone close to you that you could turn to and ask them to help you make a break from the viscious circle.

I am sure in time you will overcome this.

Love Sal xxxxx

wen
02-10-04, 14:40
Hi twinkle ,
i've had agoraphobia for 4+years and when i read your post a lot of things are similar for me. To me it seems like a circle you need support to go out but you have to go out to get support.I've found doctors to be very understanding and are willing to do home visits if going to the surgery is a problem there is practical help someone to help you with going out but only in certain areas of the country nottingham isn't one of them though.6 months ago i couldn't open my door let alone sit in my garden i have slowly gone further until i can go to the park and i went to the library yesterday alone with anxiety but no panic attack.you've took a big step already in deciding you want to go out again
love wen:)

wendy

Rennie1989
02-10-04, 17:01
sorry to here that twinkle

i knwo this is off topic but im claustraphobic and for months i thought i was agraphobic because i would hate to leave the house to go to school (im also scolionophobic, which is a fear of school).

the best way to tackle your phobia is to take small steps at a time, and it doesnt matter how small.

hope ur ok today

Scooter Girl

if i was hungry would you feed me, if i fell you help me up, if i was crying would you brush away my tears