PDA

View Full Version : Neuro Appointment Today

Vigilante
16-02-16, 19:34
Hey all I had the Neuro appointment that my dr set up today, as many will know already I have worried about a brain tumour for over 3 years, I had a non contrast ct scan 3 weeks ago which was all clear.

I was asked symptoms and given an exam, looked in eyes, followed finger, reflexs, muscle strength, coordination and passed easily with him finding no issues. He hadnt access to the ct scan but basically said its highly unlikey to be anything wrong but if I want I could have an mri scan but we both opted to leave it at that with the offer open if I want it.

Wondering if I made the right decision to not have the scan at the moment but then again all evidence as far as gp and him are concerned makes anything wrong highly unlikely.

Blonde123
16-02-16, 20:43
That's a good positive decision to not have the Mri. A first step towards your anxiety around your brain. Good luck x

Fishmanpa
16-02-16, 20:55
Good move! And to reiterate something you posted a couple of weeks ago...

My Dr made an analogy to me, if you are looking for an item in a drawer and believe its there how many times will you look after the first time before you in the end realize that its not there.

Again... that's brilliant!

Congrats! Time to move on and heal.

Positive thoughts