PDA

View Full Version : hi

anAnxiousGirl
17-02-16, 01:39
:unsure: So I have a generalized anxiety disorder which manifests in the forms of social phobia/anxiety, depression, and a few other phobias. I found this site from reading a guest blog post on Nomadic Matt. I don't take medication, although my former therapist tried often to get me to. To me it feels like taking medication would mean having to admit that I can't help myself and I think that's pretty terrifying. I guess I just feel like I've hit a wall as far as getting better, I just feel a bit defeated and like I'm a failure for not being able to handle this disorder on my own.

venusbluejeans
17-02-16, 01:44
Hiya anAnxiousGirl and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

LilGsMama
17-02-16, 15:16
:unsure: So I have a generalized anxiety disorder which manifests in the forms of social phobia/anxiety, depression, and a few other phobias. I found this site from reading a guest blog post on Nomadic Matt. I don't take medication, although my former therapist tried often to get me to. To me it feels like taking medication would mean having to admit that I can't help myself and I think that's pretty terrifying. I guess I just feel like I've hit a wall as far as getting better, I just feel a bit defeated and like I'm a failure for not being able to handle this disorder on my own.

Hi and welcome! I've only been on here a month and I find it very helpful.

:yesyes: xxx