PDA

View Full Version : Red Arm...worried

AnxiousLife
17-02-16, 02:52
Hi all,

For the past few weeks, I have had on and off redness in my left upper arm. It feels warm and lasts for about 30 min then fades away, only to reappear later. My only concern is I had a blood test that bruised quite badly in this arm a few weeks ago, and have also had some shoulder pain. Other than a DVT, what else could cause this? I saw my dr and of course it wasn't red at the time, so he told me to watch it...but this was a couple weeks ago. Thanks everyone.

AnxiousLife
17-02-16, 13:57
Anyone? No bumps, just shoulder pain and random redness. Woke up this morning and it was gone...usually appears at night.

countrygirl
17-02-16, 15:00
IF it was dvt or something equally nasty then it would not come and go. Maybe the blood test has annoyed a nerve in your arm. Did you have any trouble after the blood test like bad bruising etc?

Can you arrange with your Dr that if you get this during opening times that someone will have a look at it if its really worrying you?

AnxiousLife
17-02-16, 19:05
I was wondering the same thing about the DVT, if it would come and go. I guess you're right about that. The odd thing is, it's not red in the same spot every time...it's always on my upper arm, but the redness pattern is always a little different. It's very strange to me...