PDA

View Full Version : I'm afraid I might have bone cancer??

patroclus
17-02-16, 03:30
OK So. I'm an 18 year old female and all throughout my life I've gotten these dull aches in my legs and arms that last for a few hours and then go away. Growing up, I figured these were just growing pains but I'm 18 years old now and I still have them and I think I may be experiencing them more frequently now?? For instance, my right arm is aching right now and I have no idea why. I'm really concerned that this is bone cancer or MS or something else serious. I was just wondering if this is something I should be really worried about or not :/ My therapist thinks that I have hypochondria but I'm honestly thinking this is a pretty valid concern? I can't go to the doctor because I get such bad anxiety so like. This could really be something serious and I'm dying??? Idk it's just really stressing me out and idk what to do or if I should be concerned of if getting dull aches and pains in my arms and legs periodically is actually normal or what :weep:

Gary A
17-02-16, 11:55
Highly unlikely to be either bone cancer or MS. The pains are most probably muscular, but to be honest we all get aches and pains throughout the day, most people don't notice or just shrug them off. You're paying heavy attention to the pain so it's probably exacerbated by the fact you're focusing on them.

It might be worth getting checked out just to put your mind at ease, but I honestly don't see much cause for alarm.