PDA

View Full Version : Please help - I'm so scared

PinkKermie
17-02-16, 10:29
Hi. I have been suffering from health anxiety for a couple of years - u didn't realise it even existed until recently - but over the last couple of years I have managed to convince myself that I have had every major disease known to man.

But now, I actually do have something - a submandibular tumour.
And I am beyond scared - all the work I had done to try and keep calm and rationalise my fears has gone out the window and I am freaking out.

Does anyone have any experience of these tumours??????

Please help!!!!!!!!

PinkKermie
17-02-16, 11:40
Hi - I have to go for a biopsy.

They also said I have lots of nodules on my thyroid, so have to have thyroid tests done too.

All I can hear in my head is panic, and I am skipping straight to the end where I have to say goodbye to my kids. 😢😢😢😢😢😢

I know it's irrational, but I have spent so long telling myself there is nothing wrong, it's just anxiety, and now I don't know how to cope.

Gary A
17-02-16, 11:57
In the vast vast majority of cases, these tumours are completely benign. The chances are you'll be told it's harmless and it'll simply be left alone.

PinkKermie
17-02-16, 13:00
Really??

Thank you - I know I need to try and focus on the here and now, not on making up a whole scenario in my head.

It's so hard though - every time I laugh with my kids I start to panic about having to tell them.

Fishmanpa
17-02-16, 13:22
It's not irrational to panic when you hear the word tumor. Even those without anxiety would do the same regardless of the odds of it being benign.

I'm a survivor so I know just how difficult the waiting game can be. As Gary said, the type of tumor you're talking about is most often benign. As difficult as it is, take things one day at a time. The doctors are being good doctors in looking into everything.

Do your best to replace negative thoughts with positive ones and hang in there!

Positive thoughts

PinkKermie
18-02-16, 06:48
So, I managed to get a biopsy appointment for today. Just had blood test for thyroid issues too.

Glad to be doing something, but am terrified of the results.

Has anyone been through this?

---------- Post added at 06:48 ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 ----------

So, I managed to get a biopsy appointment for today. Just had blood test for thyroid issues too.

Glad to be doing something, but am terrified of the results.

Has anyone been through this?