PDA

View Full Version : Amitriptyline & Mertazipine Together

zyfer25
17-02-16, 12:02
Hi All,
I have been taking Mirtazipine (30mg) together with Amitriptyline (75mg)
for a couple of weeks now, I guess I have been pretty lucky as I had no major side effects from these, after reading other posts. I was on Sertraline for about 6 months & didn't really notice any improvement, so went back to my GP who suggested Mirtazipine first of all. It was more the anxiety and agitation, quick to temper that was getting me down. Feelings of dread while doing every day tasks like boarding a train/popping to the local shop, especially going to work. I have noticed a huge difference in just two weeks, feeling much, much calmer, slightly sedated but not enough to interrupt my life. Does any one else have experiences with this combination? Would be really keen to compare experiences, thank you, Brian:wacko::wacko:

sandie
17-02-16, 12:58
I could not get on with either Sertraline or Mirtazapine - they both made my anxiety much worse, and I was bouncing off the walls. Weaned myself off both and was a few weeks without any meds - other than Propanalol (beta blocker), which helps a great deal with my panic attacks.

Around 10 days ago my GP gave me Amitryptiline - 20 mg to be taken at night - mostly to help with my sleep. I do think I am sleeping a little better but not sure it has improved my anxiety.