PDA

View Full Version : All over joint pain and so worried

j2
17-02-16, 15:05
Hello and thanks in advance for any responses.

I am a long time sufferer of HA. I am a 45 yr old male of average weight and was working out several times a week until about 2 weeks ago. I am having all over body pain, especially near my joints. My hands, feet, wrists and hips are aching like crazy. I can't tell if the pain is in my joints or if the muscles/ligaments/tendons near my joints are the problem. I am terribly worried about this and I am fearing all the worst things like lymphoma or MS or something else. I am not running fever and my appetite is OK. I had a physical back in December and my blood work was fine. This has been going on long enough I can no longer dismiss it as a cold or something rational. I have not googled but I can tell you that it is getting harder to resist.

Does anyone have any similar experiences? I am over the moon with anxiety right now and I could really use some sane advice.

Thanks

Hopefulmi
17-02-16, 16:51
It could be something as simple as having done too much, a viral thing, etc

I have had this with vitamin deficiencies as well but please get checked out if worried. Feel better soon :)

j2
26-02-16, 16:42
I am still having all over joint pain and i am beginning to obsess. I am currently in the US and I am not sure if I can even get to a dr short of the emergency room. Any input would be fantastic.

j2
03-03-16, 22:59
So now I am officially in panic mode. The pain is widespread and symmetrical. Both big toes, both wrists and several joints on both hands are impacted. The pain is constant but the intensity varies throughout the day. I have no noticeable swelling. I have no fever but I am tired but I have 5 kids and I am tired pretty much all the time anyway. Most of the impacted joints are popping every now and then. I have been drinking a ton of water hoping that I was just dehydrated. That isn't helping. I have also been constipated for some time also. I am so worried and not thinking straight. I would love some advice and thanks in advance.

J2

CeeCeeCee
03-03-16, 23:22
It sounds to me very like a virus, aches and joint pain signals that usually. Do you have any redness or rash? What painkillers have you taken, maybe some ibuprofen would help?

Emilym80
03-03-16, 23:40
Anxiety causes joint pain. I get it quite badly when I'm stressed.

I would keep an eye on it and see if doing what you might normally do to relieve some anxiety improves it at all.

j2
04-03-16, 02:38
Thanks for the replies. I take ibuprofen and it does help but the pain always comes back in a couple of hours. I don't have a rash or redness. I hope it is stress but I don't how stress can make my ankles and wrists ache. I am going to give it a couple more days then visit a Dr. I am so overloaded with anxiety right now, I can barely function.

darinfan
04-03-16, 02:52
It may sound odd, but it could be arthritis. Mine literally came on overnight. Went to bed without it, woke up with it. Popping joints would point to that as a possibility as well - mine didn't start swelling till a few weeks later. If it doesn't go away, get it checked out for the simple reason that, if it is that, it's easier to treat the earlier it is caught - I didn't get mine checked early and am paying for it now. The type I have also affects ligaments and tendons.

Do you mind me asking if you have any skin problems such as psoriasis anywhere?

Fishmanpa
04-03-16, 03:22
Thanks for the replies. I take ibuprofen and it does help but the pain always comes back in a couple of hours.

Ibuprofen dosages says to take every 4 hours. It makes perfect sense that the effects begin to wain after a couple of hours. At 45, it certainly is normal to have joint aches and pains, especially if you're pushing weight in the gym. I had the same thing happen. That reminds me... time to take another dose ;)

Positive thoughst

elle95
21-07-18, 05:04
Hi j2 I hope everything is alright with you. I know this is an old post but I so can relate to what you were experiencing at this moment. How did it turn out to be? It was just anxiety right? I'm gettin these shooting,quick, weird and annoying pains all over my knees, soles, back and then stomach or chest, I'm so terrified it could be cancer, last year at this time I thought I had lymphoma but my tests were normal but now I'm scared it is some sor of cancer that has spread all over my body I can even breathe properly when the pain comes maybe because it leaves me frightened not know why they're happening.

I want to go to the ER everday specially at night but I don't wanna disturb my family, I feel like I have no choice with this :(