PDA

View Full Version : Pesticide exposure

WorryWortAgain
17-02-16, 22:08
A couple of months ago our pest control guy came and when he was here I told him that I didn't want to do pest control inside the house anymore, only the outside. He said okay and didn't spray inside. Well this time he shows up and he's ready to spray inside. I didn't say anything because I didn't want to make a scene and my husband had set up the service so I thought maybe he asked for it inside. He sprayed inside and about 10-15 minutes after he left I went into the kitchen to get something out of the cupboard and I stepped in something wet near the baseboard of the bottom cabinet. It felt like water but I hadn't been in the kitchen at all that day and my DD had left for school about 2 1/2 hours earlier. It felt like the amount of water left from a melted ice cube and I'm praying that's what it was! But I suspect that it was pesticide that hasn't dried yet. I immediately put my foot in the sink and rinsed it and then washed it with a small amount of dish detergent that I had left (we were almost out.) Then I took a shower about 1/2 an hour later. Is it unreasonable that I'm very upset by this? Do you think that pesticide would've dried within 10-15 minutes? Could an ice cube dropped still be wet 2 1/2 hours later? Ugh! I'm SO MAD! I wish I'd listened to my gut about them coming inside the home! My brother was recently diagnosed with lymphoma and he thinks that one of the reasons might be from doing his own pest control in the past. No more pest control inside for us! Responses appreciated :)