PDA

View Full Version : I want to beat this anxiety once and for all....

helenhoo
17-02-16, 22:14
I'm 25, and I've had health anxiety for 6 months.

Slight ramble/ A little insight:

I had my first smear tear around same time my mom was diagnosed with skin cancer. Around smear test I started to spot. Nurse assured me this was common on the pill and around my age, smear came back clear.

This site has been a good friend to me at times of sheer panic. Since my trigger ive worried about; cervical cancer, spinal tumors, brain tumors, luekemia, lymphona, stomach cancer, brain aneurysm, menopause, epilepsy, Ms, blindness etc. It takes over and drains my personality. I know it does because when I'm not worrying I'm me! I Feel happier. When I'm anxious it's like there's a grey cloud looming. 'Yeah but...' 'Have you always had that lunp...' 'What is that feeling, Google it'

Currently Brain tumor fear is here again. I had an eye infection for what seemed like forever. I had drops, saw two docs and touch wood it's gone. Now my eye has an occasional twitch for past week and I'm worrying. Sode note I am anxious due to unemployment so this is an additional factor.

Anybody who's experienced the same fear and how they cope would be great.

.Poppy.
17-02-16, 22:33
Yes! We could almost be in the same boat, so I totally feel for you.

I have HA but also some depression and pretty low self esteem. It's a nasty ride....some days tolerable, some not so much, and I can go from feeling okay to really low in 60 seconds it seems.

I can't advise much as to how I'm dealing since I'm in the early stages. I'm currently going to therapy, and have seen my doc and been prescribed a low dose of citalopram to use with therapy. Hopefully it works.

But after 8 years of this I'm ready to beat it!

helenhoo
17-02-16, 22:35
For me it's only 6 months but I read people have had it for ages! I really don't want it that long. I'm currently worryig about a mole, eye twitch and pins and needles.