PDA

View Full Version : Been up sick for 2 hours

phil06
18-02-16, 02:32
Was feeling a little ill after dinner and by 12.30am And now I've been sick three times and had bad diarhea is it a bug or something I've eaten? Feeling very anxious now and worried after I make this post I may be sick again later ..:blush:

xBettyBoopx
18-02-16, 02:48
Hi Phil

I guess it's something you've eaten that didn't agree with you. So the good thing is that you have got rid of it by being sick and going to number 2 (lol). Give it another 24 hours and you'll be fine. Your body is doing exactly what it's supposed to do and that's rejecting something that it doesn't like :):)

Sorry you feel unwell but it will soon be gone.

Els
xxx

phil06
18-02-16, 07:02
Thanks been up all night even called the emergency NHS number they said a nurse would call back but never oh well maybe it will pass soon been up all night looks like a day off work :ohmy:

MyNameIsTerry
18-02-16, 07:15
There's no point calling them, Phil. It's most likely to be what Betty says. If not, a bug.

Bugs are easily dealt with by drinking more fluids, eating around the situation (e.g. little bits, bland foods, etc) and resting.

phil06
18-02-16, 20:12
I seem to be a bit better today however still had small bowel issues hoping it passes?

Lifelonganxiety!
18-02-16, 21:55
It will pass. If you're still sick (as in throwing up and diarrhea regularly) after 2-3 days then you'll want to be seen by someone. But bugs like this come and go all the time.

Try to rest, and most importantly stay hyrdated as best you can. I don't think this is anything sinister!

phil06
19-02-16, 23:42
Update:

Managed to eat dinner yesterday and was ok but tired today I was asked back to work a day early I struggled but made it tonight still not hungry and eating small portions..very tried

Feel a tad sick tonight hope I am not actually sick will it pass? I have two more days of work to can't afford to be off as I don't get sick pay..

xBettyBoopx
20-02-16, 02:15
Hi Phil

Glad you are feeling better although feeling a bit sick again might be anxiety this time. Anxious about work etc and getting sick again. Trouble is the more you worry the more likely you are to get sick with worry!! So STOP IT NOW (LOL) :winks::winks:

You'll be fine, promise :winks:

Els
xxx

phil06
03-03-16, 23:17
Since this happened a few weeks back some nights after dinner or around midnight same time as this happened I have a sick feeling I my throat is this anxiety or am I ill?

I rushed my lunch down today for work and I felt sick after that or had a sore stomach too could that be anxiety?

Xtrastrongbint
04-03-16, 01:15
Defo anxiety Phil - this is my biggest symptom - I've lost a stone and a half in the last 3 weeks because I can't keep anything down due to it x

MyNameIsTerry
04-03-16, 04:41
Maybe BUT...anyone rushing down their lunch could end up with some stomach ache, nausea, etc. Just like how anyone who eats a massive meal could. The difference is, they will probably take a Rennie and forget al about it, unlike an anxiety sufferer who may worry about it being a symptom or something worse. It could literally just be...don't eat your lunch too quickly.

Eating late at night can have similar effects. You will find as you age that your eating patterns will likely change because foods can make you feel rough if you eat certain ways, certain foods & sizes and if you have erratic eating patterns.

What IS anxiety is how you are reading into it.

Munchlet
05-03-16, 10:43
Hi Phil

Had to reply to this as I've just posted about same symptoms, I think mine was food poisioning but like you I'm now struggling (particularly evenings) with nausea and general stomach discomfort etc.

Not sure if it is anxiety as I know I'm worrying about it but just wanted to let you know you're not alone. I know if it is something you've eaten then the stomach can remain unsettled for a while in my husbands case months!!! but I think our anxiety probably makes things worse as well.