PDA

View Full Version : Periods.

zippy
18-02-16, 10:50
I am worried about my menstrual cycle. I seemed to miss one and then i started one 11 days ago and it hasn't stopped yet. I was also getting pains in my boobs too a few weeks ago. I am 46.

Savvy_Darling
18-02-16, 10:57
My mom just turned 50 in December but has been through menopause and doesn't get a period anymore.. She told me she hasn't for a few years. Maybe you are about to be or going trough menopause? Age seems about right although different for all women. Perhaps check in with the gyno for sure and get checked over. But in my opinion that's what I think it might be.
(My mom also said her periods were very crazy during that time and had hot flashes and all sorts of pains)

Mindknot
18-02-16, 11:31
Agree with Savvy, sounds like hormone fluctuations and could be perimenopause starting - I would have a chat with your doctor. But remember periods can also be delayed by anxiety and it could just be that. :)

Leslie735
18-02-16, 13:52
Sounds like the start of menopause to me too. My Mother in law was just talking about it the other day. She didn't finish menopause until she was in her mid 50's but she said peri started 10 years before for her.

KeeKee
18-02-16, 14:36
My Mother was around your age when she started getting symptoms of menopause. As somebody else mentioned though it could also be anxiety, I was once so stressed that I didn't turn on time that I had a 34 day cycle which I'd never had prior.
Also my boobs hurt for around 10 days before my period, they haven't always but my GP told me we can change at any time due to hormones or just our body changing because it wants to.

countrygirl
18-02-16, 16:01
Been there and done that! I am now 54 yrs old and at age 44 started the peri menopause which is the lead up to menopause and it was not nice!

I started missing periods and then the next one would be horrendous and long. Then I started spotting for months on end without proper period but then would have severe flooding for 3 days which was scary but stopped the spotting.

My health anxiety went stratospheric because I was sure I had every gyny cancer imaginable but guess what - after 3 seperate lots of investigations over 3 years it was just wonky hormones due to peri meno and at age 51 everything stopped.

If you think the bleeding is making you low in iron then do go and see Dr and get tested. If the bleeding becomes so heavy you are soaking a night time pad every hour then see your Dr as they can give you tablets to slow it down.

So its not at present anything to worry about and sounds like totally normal perimenopause starting but if it really impacts on your life like it did me then your Dr can send you for tests and there are lots of treatments available as well.