PDA

View Full Version : Miserable with these symptoms :(

PrincessPanic89
18-02-16, 11:49
For the last two weeks or so I've had really severe nausea. So much so that I've lost count of the amount of times I've had to physically stop myself from throwing up. As someone with emetophobia, it's ruining my life. I have this constant feeling of needing to be sick. Yesterday I dared to venture out the house loaded up with buscopan, Rennies and anti nausea tablets and I was in a shop and started feeling really dizzy then all of a sudden I felt the urge to vomit and had to stop dead and convince myself I was okay (something I've learnt through having emetophobia) and I had to do this a number of times until I cut my day out short and went home. Today it's lovely out, my daughter is away for the day and my boyfriend and I have a rare day off together and I'm sat inside feeling sick and too worried to go out in case I throw up. I'm getting that feeling in the back of your throat that you get when you're about to be sick but it's constant. It seems to be a bit worse when I need to go to the toilet but there's not really any relief once I've been. I thought it might be Ibs but buscopan doesn't help at all, neither do anti sickness tablets (prescription, not otc)

Anyone had similar symptoms? I'm fed up of wasting my time stuck indoors because feeling sick (I'm not pregnant, I have the implant and just finished a period yesterday)

stick1974
19-02-16, 10:02
Can you remember if there anything that triggered these feelings? Does the feeling go away when you stop and convince yourself that you are ok? I know how miserable it is to have nausea all the time. I've been through phases where I have felt sick on and off every day, and I have emetophobia too, so know how horrible it is to be out and feel sick and then start panicking that you are going to be sick.

I've never been able to work out how much my nausea has a physical cause (I do suffer from IBS), and how much of it is psychological. I have found that sometimes I'm able to distract myself enough by doing something else and the feeling recedes, but not always.

PrincessPanic89
19-02-16, 11:38
It seems to have just started suddenly. It comes in huge waves, the only reason I haven't been physically sick is because I have a lot of techniques to stop myself due to being emetophobic. It seems to be getting worse too, today I feel ten times worse and I didn't think it could get any worse than it was. My stomach hurts and it's constantly churning :(