PDA

View Full Version : Really scary symptoms!

Duffer
18-02-16, 20:16
For past 30min I had this massive pressure in the center of my chest and back, like something was crushing my chest. Then i started to sweat, cold hands and feet and got heartburn, I had panic attacks before but nothing like this before.

It felt like I really had or still have an hart attract, Im only 21 yo. ..I worry all the time about my health, but there was never anything wrong with me.

I know that people say, if it would be an heart attract I wouldn't be on the forum, but what if I just managed to go through an heart attract without calling for help?

Its just scary not knowing for sure, I'm going crazy..

Gary A
18-02-16, 20:19
Quite simply, you didn't have a heart attack. You might have heard "if it was a heart attack you wouldn't be posting on a forum" before, but that's because it's true.

It sounds like you've suffered a panic attack. Panic attacks are seldom similar, some are mild, some are pretty bad. It sounds like you've suffered quite a severe one. If it puts your mind at ease you could dial 111 and ask for advice, but it honestly does sound exactly like a panic attack. You are only 21, the chances of a heart attack at your age are ridiculously small.

Mi
18-02-16, 20:22
Duffer, I've been suffering with upper back pain and chest pain all of today. In fact I was just about to do a post about it. I'm really suffering with health anxiety and not knowing what symptoms are real and what are anxiety caused is very hard. I don't know what to ignore and what to go to hospital about any more x

Duffer
18-02-16, 20:42
My mind won't accept that im just healthy, I constantly think I'll die or when I will have a real illness I will just ignore it for anxiety..

I heard that if it was a small heart attract you could manage and often people are surprised that it even was an heart attack when they are told?

Mi
18-02-16, 21:10
Everything your saying is exactly how I feel too. I think it's pretty common.
Have you had a similar feeling before? X

Duffer
18-02-16, 21:20
I just want to add that..

I've been really anxious past weeks, and in that period i started having heart palpitations.. like I can hear my heart pounding im my head 24/7 ..so then I worried that I've a heart disease and today I had these "heart attack" symptoms. ..For some reason my brain ignores the fact that I had experienced palpitations and many other symptoms 2 years ago, had multiple tests and got over it ...I was complete anxiety free for a year. ...But it came back again, and I can't just accept that its not my health, and each week seems to get worse and worse.. It seems like whenever I'm at the point of accepting and moving on, the new panic attract occurs with new more severe symptoms, and makes me question is it really anxiety?

Like I'm in the gym, I'm sure that I would pass out at some stage if I had heart problem by now.. Whenever I'm public speaking I actually get the anxiety symptoms, so I know its panic attack that are causing this.

So 2 questions :(

Can you guys give me some advice? And i'm still having that chest pressure and back pain so I dont think its the heart attack, its been more than an hour now?

---------- Post added at 21:20 ---------- Previous post was at 21:16 ----------

Everything your saying is exactly how I feel too. I think it's pretty common.
Have you had a similar feeling before? X

Mi, yeah haha.. I literally had every symptom on the list.. and even ones that are not on it.. like bubbles in urine... imagine..

I'm not really scared of back pain or heart pins, but this time it was a really strong pressure pain.. so made me scared. But I have back pains and chest pains all the time.

Mi
18-02-16, 21:30
I'm afraid I can't give any advice because I can't even control mine at the moment lol. People tend to say distract yourself so try giving that a go, how ever you feel you can. I can't even distract myself, I'm thinking 24/7 about my symptoms.
Bubbles in pee, how random lol.
I know what you meant though, sometimes the pain is just different or your fo using on if more which makes it worse than previous times x

Lifelonganxiety!
18-02-16, 22:00
Quite possibly you've pulled a muscle. Pain from a pull can radiate around your back or ribs. You might not even realize you've pulled something but just get these pains.

Take an ibuprofen or something, see if it helps.

Alternatively, could be gas or trapped wind. I've had that a few times and for a few hours it's a crushing pain, that you think is a heart attack or worse, then you pass gas and it goes away instantly.

So many things it can be, sometimes we just get pains and you'll never know why.

At your age, I wouldn't be worried about something sinister.

countrygirl
18-02-16, 22:21
Quite possibly you've pulled a muscle. Pain from a pull can radiate around your back or ribs. You might not even realize you've pulled something but just get these pains.

Take an ibuprofen or something, see if it helps.

Alternatively, could be gas or trapped wind. I've had that a few times and for a few hours it's a crushing pain, that you think is a heart attack or worse, then you pass gas and it goes away instantly.

So many things it can be, sometimes we just get pains and you'll never know why.

At your age, I wouldn't be worried about something sinister.

This plus once your brain thinks heart then it will give you all the symptoms.

Try this - think about someone pressing their hands around your throat, straight away you will feel a tightness in your throat, a pressure. This is entirely created by the mind. SAme way if someone scratches their head you get a terrible itch in yours!

Duffer
18-02-16, 22:25
Sure, maybe you're right! Before i had this pain I was sitting down in a uncofortable desk positions and I eat some junk food after that i noticed a pain in my finger and that triggered my worry, few min later got the check pain ugh

.. I guess there is some things I can't controll, I can only accept them and be optimistic no matter what. ..another thing, you can't have an answer to every question and this is my problem, I won't let go of a problem until I find an awnser. ...and if I will die of some "unknown" to sience illness there is no point worrying about it haha, just make most of my life today