PDA

View Full Version : CT SCAN WITH CONTRAST - terrified.

lele19
18-02-16, 20:20
So I've now received my appointment which will be on March 11th at 9.30am. The scan will look at my kidneys as there are calcifications in there and I keep getting kidney stones. I've put it off for 3 months but all the consultants agree that I need the ct with contrast dye.

I'm terrified that I'll have an anaphylactic reaction to the contrast dye and my throat will close and I'll suffocate to death and my heart will stop. I don't think I've ever believed more that it's likely I will die from this test. I'm only 25 :(

Has anyone else had a ct with contrast and lived to tell the tale?

Mi
18-02-16, 20:34
I've not had the ct scan but had the vq scan with the dye. Tbh I just messed about saying I was radioactive lol. You'll be absolutely fine having it done but as someone who also suffers HA I can see why you are nervous. If you did have a reaction at all you are in a hospital and these people are trained to spot the signs that you are having a reaction, but like I say, you will be fine x

Fishmanpa
18-02-16, 20:42
No biggie... you might feel a little rush and you may feel like you have to pee but it's nothing at all to be concerned with. Besides, you'll be in a medical facility ;)

Positive thoughts

almamatters
18-02-16, 20:43
I had a MRI with contrast and i was fine. I am allergic to a couple of medications so was extremely worried but I hardly noticed when they injected it in, I felt a slight warm feeling and that was it. The radiographer spent ages talking to me and explaining how in all the years he had done the job, he had never had anyone react to the dye . If you explain how nervous you are they will be really understanding.

honeybun44
19-02-16, 12:52
First of all, you probably won't. It's rare.

But, my mom DID.

The doctors/nurses/techs were RIGHT THERE and handled it perfectly. She was fine.

As you will be!