PDA

View Full Version : Help please - pains

Mi
18-02-16, 20:29
All of today I've been suffering with upper/mid back pain on my right hand side and intermittent chest pain. I've tried so hard to ignore it by going out, seeing family, playing with the kids but none of it is helping. I hate not knowing what is anxiety related and what is legit pain. Please say other people have had this pain and it is just anxiety rearing it's head again.

I felt so positive this morning x

Hopefulmi
18-02-16, 21:27
I have had lots of this. Currently I think its pregnancy as sometimes it is left side too but in the past it has been tension, and also indigestion, with perhaps some costochondritis thrown in xxx

Mi
18-02-16, 21:31
Hi hopefulmi
Have you had this before you were pregnant too?
How are you feeling today? Xx

Hopefulmi
18-02-16, 21:43
Yes, from dec 2014-Jan 2015 I nearly had a breakdown over pancreatic cancer due to this symptom and others. I think it was a mixture of costochondritis and acid reflux but I'm still here!

Sore today. Past couple of days weren't so bad. Still worried. I tell myself the chances of being one of the 4/17000000 my age with pancreatic cancer are so obsolete but what you going to do! xx

Mi
18-02-16, 22:42
What is costochondritis?
It's so hard to reprogram your brain though isn't it.
I'm still scared of a PE. Even booked myself a private gp so he can form his own opinion as I'm not going to mention anxiety issues at all. And I'm having another d dimer test done tomorrow courtesy of my lovely doctor. I was going to go private for that too but when I asked for a referral he said the nhs will do it and Arranged it for me :) xxx