PDA

View Full Version : Hello 👋 General anxiety and pure O .

wayne7
18-02-16, 20:47
I have Generalized anxiety disorder and Pure O. (ocd)
I think it's all a type of worry and overthinking. I have read so much on the subjects but can't seem to improve even knowing so much. Now my son has ocd and he has his first therapy appointment for cbt tmmrw . Anyway hello to anyone else who has any kind of mental health problem. Hope we all find help.

Mi
18-02-16, 21:35
Hi Wayne :welcome:
Hope your son finds CBT beneficial x

wayne7
18-02-16, 21:44
:) thank you @mi, he is only 10 so hate that he has it so young. Thanks for replying

Chocolateface
18-02-16, 22:22
Its hard to see your kids go through it but it is far better to get him help before the negative thinking of anxiety kicks in, looking back I wish I could have had counselling and cbt as a child / teenager. Hope it goes ok

Mi
18-02-16, 22:37
Aw bless him. Hopefully it'll teach him some good techniques he can use later on so he won't have to be on any meds. It must be hard to see your child go through it but at least you are helping him asap and you understand it yourself x

Superworrier
18-02-16, 22:40
He as a supportive Dad that's worth more money than gold trust me x

Mi
18-02-16, 23:01
Aw I completely agree with superworrier x

wayne7
18-02-16, 23:21
:) thank you @superworrier and @mi :))

wayne7
21-02-16, 22:35
�� thank you @chocolateface @mi and @superworrier. He went and put his hood over his head and didn't speak but i expected something like that and it's a slow process. He is really embaressed by it but i have told him i suffer from it too. Happy he has now got the cbt but as we support him during the cbt we realise it will get harder as he has to stand up to his ocd bully.

Superworrier
21-02-16, 23:10
You are an amazing Dad your boy will get through this .
You have told him your there and you feel what he feels x
Good on you Hun x