PDA

View Full Version : Stinging pain in right side of abdomen. Getting concerned.

scared88
19-02-16, 02:24
So tonight I've been getting few stings in the right hand side of my abdomen. They're mostly in the same place, they seem to be coming from the upper right part of my abdomen just below my rib cage, it could be radiating in other directions. It's hard to describe because the pain only lasts few seconds and it can be a while before it comes back. It's been like this all evening and just now I got a mild one that felt like it was radiating towards the back.
I'm of course thinking something like gall stones.....or even tumours :wacko:
I thought it had gone earlier after I passed some substantial amount of gas :P but it came back. My diet today hasn't been the best, the only big meal I had was a pizza for lunch, the rest has been very little. So I'm really hoping it's just that.

Has anyone here had anything like this before. Just stings that come and go intermittently and can be far apart.

---------- Post added at 02:24 ---------- Previous post was at 00:28 ----------

And now my tongue has a yellowish coat at the back. Getting even more worried now :( Someone help!

Fishmanpa
19-02-16, 03:01
Have you gotten into see your therapist? It's been about a month since you called. Surely the waiting list isn't that long.

Positive thoughts

scared88
19-02-16, 10:59
Have you gotten into see your therapist? It's been about a month since you called. Surely the waiting list isn't that long.

Positive thoughts

Yes, I've been seeing her recently. I'm having my meds changed

Fishmanpa
19-02-16, 12:58
Good for you for taking a positive step!

Positive thoughts

scared88
19-02-16, 17:28
Good for you for taking a positive step!

Positive thoughts

That doesn't change the fact though that I often feel woozy, lightheaded or like I'm about to fall all from pressure I feel in my face it seems. Also the strange breathing

I don't have any strange taste in my mouth right now and the coating is very small now

Fishmanpa
19-02-16, 17:34
That doesn't change the fact though that I often feel woozy, lightheaded or like I'm about to fall all from pressure I feel in my face it seems. Also the strange breathing

You're 100% right and the fact is it's anxiety disorder causing the symptoms. Treat the cause and you treat the symptoms. Glad to see you're taking steps to do so! Keep up the good work!

Positive thoughts

Lifelonganxiety!
19-02-16, 18:00
I've had the same sort of pains in my upper right abdomen for over a year now. Come and go, sometimes stinging, sometimes crampy - never last that long. I've come to the realization it's probably gas or IBS or something like that.

My diet is awful, I'm first to admit that - I should take my own advice to change that and I bet a lot of this will go away, lol.

As Fishmanpa said - anxiety can make this a lot worse than it really is.