PDA

View Full Version : Worrying news about Paracetamol in the paper

Brandy snap
01-03-07, 01:22
I read in the paper that it has been discovered that Paracetamol has been found to raise blood pressure and affect hearts. Just when I think at least I can take a Paracetamol for a headache or whatever without having to worry, as it is supposed to be one of the safest painkillers, I find this on front page of Telegraph. Has anyone else heard this news? Brandy Snap

nell1965
01-03-07, 08:39
Hi
I havnt read about it yet but i wouldnt worry too much about it, i think its more of a problem if your taking the max dose every day for a long period of time. the average person taking the odd paracetamol or 2 which is where i imagine you would fit in should be absolutely fine. We have known for a while how dangerous paracetamol is in high doses. However this news wont stop me taking the odd 1 or 2 for a headache. Try not to worry about it, sometimes i think a lot of scare mongering (spelling) goes on about medications, food , alcohol, chocolate...... the list is endless. All things in moderation.

skylight2007
01-03-07, 09:29
Hiya there , Nell gave you some good advice, and I DO understand how that kind of news can be worrying for some, but please try not to pay too much attention to it, you really dont have anything to bother yourself with, you will be fine!!!!! take care of you. skylight

Brandy snap
02-03-07, 03:33
Thanks Nell and Skylight. I worry loads when I read these kind of articles and you have put it in perspective for me. Thanks again. Brandy Snap x