PDA

View Full Version : went to the er, super scared please help

stressed_out
19-02-16, 03:16
PLEASE HELP

hello, i had prostatitis symptoms in october and my parents called their doctor and got a prescription for cipro (without me getting a proper diagnosis, so i'm worried about it) 1 tab of cipro gave me a horrible feeling of suddenly falling back so i told my parents and the dr. gave me doxycycline instead. i took that for all of november and was having 'panic' attacks the whole month. but towards the end of it i had spicy chinese food and didn't drink enough water with the tablet and developed really bad pain in the center of chest. went to an actual dr. this time took a gastro cocktail and was diagnosed with gastritis. was on ppis and a stomach coating drug for all of december. still had some mild chest pains and a lot of anxiety symptoms. i got off them towards christmas and when i was off my anxiety skyrocketed. i was also worried because the chest pains were still there and even worse than before. in early january i thought i was having a heart attack and called 911. had ekgs and x rays done and was diagnosed with my first real panic attack, chest wall pain and something that said we could not find the source of your chest pain. was given atavan. the next week was hell, constant panic attacks. about a week after this i woke up with chest pain, a squeezing feeling in left side of chest above heart and went to a different doctor. they sent me to ER and got more blood tests and x rays and was diagnosed with anxiety. given a xanax prescription. i'm worried about this as the dr. said i had a slight murmur and referred to me to get an echocardiogram but assured me it would probably be fine and it was anxiety. i never went to get the ECG as i was trying to accept that i had health anxiety. after this i got my panic levels down to an almost controllable level but stupidly sent myself into an almost panic attack. after this i had a lot more anxiety. i woke up yesterday from extreme chest pain in left side of heart that i couldn't pinpoint and felt like squeezing and was worried. i was out of it for what felt like a long time but most likely under a minute. i felt like i couldn't do anything when it was happening and when it was over i just went back to sleep as i was exhausted. my parents won't even acknowledge me at this point so i was trying to think it was just my anxiety. then last night i had minor chest pain stomach pain and a lot of symptoms i previously had thought were anxiety but started coughing up blood uncontrollably. it was turning pink not sure if it was from getting mixed with spit or what. i went into panic mode and spitting up thing lasted for 20 minutes until i went to the er and then it started to lease by the time i showed up. doctors didn't even give me the time of day and all i was able to tell them was i had chest pain (didn't have time to describe it before dr cut me off) and i spit up blood (also didn't have time to say there was more darker blood when i felt my stomach while coughing. they gave me medicine through iv to coat my stomach which i thought was unnecessary and x rays of chest back and stomach. got a blood test but this one wasn't for chest pain or to detect heart problems which i just found out today so i'm worried. i woke up from chest pains again, this time even worse than yesterday and in same spot but spread further. i called the hospital to see if they did a blood test for enzymes and found out they didn't because they only do that for chest pain (they also didn't check me on an EKG) and it wasn't written on the sheet even though i mentioned it to them.

does this sound like anxiety? can it cause horrible chest pain that makes you wake up? i made a post on here about waking up with chest pain but i had panic attack symptoms with it and these past 2 days i haven't. i woke up at 7pm from not being able to sleep and haven't eaten yet and have some random chest pains dizziness feeling like something might happen (that feels different from my anxiety feelings) and general weakness. is it worth going to a doctor right now for another blood test? I'm worried about getting so many tests done but my gut feeling is that the dr. last night didn't help at all. i don't even know if i should trust my gut at this point because my brain is so skewed. the physical symptoms are very real and people not believing me is making me feel worse. i don't have black tarry stool. the blood test yesterday said i had low but not severely low potassium levels and gave me a potassium pill. i came home and drank gatorade after. i googled which i know i shouldn't have and found things saying abnormal heart rhythm is linked to low potassium with people with underlying heart conditions and cardiac arrest is extremely high with those people and i had anxiety attacks before i could fall asleep. i woke up again after the initial chest pain with my heart beat feeling weird and feeling like i couldn't breathe properly along with the sweatiness i had earlier. i'm worried about my potassium now also along with the chest pains i've had. if anyone could help i would appreciate it so much. i don't know if i should take my gaba (i take it instead of xanax as i have an addictive personality) and eat something and try to relax or if i should go to another doctor for the blood test to check for enzymes. i'm scared because my parents don't listen to me anymore and the only support i have is my sibling but even now they don't know if I'm okay because here mentally shot from helping me deal with this. i also have been a very intuitive person before my anxiety and am worried that when i have feelings about things (even typing this is triggering the feeling per say) that its real and i'm right and something is wrong. i have bad ocd and magical thinking and before all of this happened i had a thought like don't do this or this will happen but i tried to fight it and think it was ocd and did but 10 mins after i had the coughing up blood. theres other magical thinking i had prior to this like something will happen on this day and other stuff. so I'm super worried. sorry for the long post and i'm only 23 and otherwise healthy

Fishmanpa
19-02-16, 03:58
Your post and the way it was written scream anxiety tbh. Are you getting any help for that?

Positive thoughts