PDA

View Full Version : eyesight

John_Daryl
19-02-16, 13:57
Hello all,

So now, im not having "blurred" vision but it seems odd. Like i cant focus on more than one object at a time and i feel like i should be able to. Even playing games like call of duty i cant focus to strongly on the moving objects. at least not as well as i used to be able to.

Is this anxiety or something else? I cant tell. last time i had these problems was last year with my eyes but it was more like fuzzy. Not sure if I'm just overly focusing.

Elen
19-02-16, 14:14
Hi John

While it is obviously impossible to diagnose from here, in view of your recent posts I would suggest that over focusing has a lot to do with it.

You seem to be going through a horrible stage of being hyper aware of every little twinge at the moment and then over thinking a bit.

Is there anything less intense than Call of Duty you can use to unwind with?

At least it is the weekend, though I tend to find that gives me way too much time to dwell on things and drive myself mad.

Phuzella
19-02-16, 14:17
Try resting your eyes away from video games? My son's eyes used to look very red and tired when he was playing them a lot :)

John_Daryl
19-02-16, 16:42
Vide games tend to be my only release oddly enough! Maybe its just me overly focusing away from video games

Lifelonganxiety!
19-02-16, 16:48
Isn't it impossible for your eyes to focus on more than one thing at once? Unless you're a lizard maybe?

Sounds like you're amplifying the issue here maybe. When you didn't think about it, these things wouldn't bother you but now you're asking whether your brain should be able to focus on these different things (it probably can't normally do that) but you're just now questioning why not...

PixieSpit
19-02-16, 17:18
Hey, I'm a pretty intense gamer myself, and I often get eye problems, Blurred vision or finding it difficult to focus on several things going on at once. I have glasses that I wear on bad days, I always try and play in a well lit room and don't sit too close to the screen etc. But yeah, Sometimes your eyes just need a little day's break, or a good nights sleep. I'm not at all gonna' say stop playing, cause I'm the same, gaming is my life and It's one of the only things that takes my mind off anxiety.

Hope you feel better soon :3

John_Daryl
19-02-16, 18:42
Thanks for your help. I knew a gamer would undertand my visual confusion