PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone get this?

MasterJPK69
01-03-07, 04:45
Does Anyone get a sharp stabbing pain in the chest on the left side just to the right of their left breast i ahve been getting them on and off and dont know what to make of then they are not really painfull but are a little worrysome and they come and go. Has anyone here hat these before. I dont know if it is related to indigestion or a stomach problem of somesort or if it is something i should be worried about i ahve been to the doc and they say my heart is fine have been several times and all the same please help need soem kind of answer??????????????

balisugar
01-03-07, 07:34
Hi, I have at times had pains in my chest, not to the point where it effects my breathing but it does stop me in my tracks a bit, its usually on the left side and straighaway i think oh god heart attack! I too have been to docs and had ECGs etc but they say my heart is fine. Pains in the chest can be a sympton of anxiety apparently.....its hard to believe that sometimes though.

russ
01-03-07, 07:47
Hi,

There are many causes of "chest pain". Doctors normally tend to try and rule out more serious causes first. However, anxiety is also thought to be a cause, along with tension in the muscles, acid reflux and also other conditions. For example, I have costochondritis, a condition which causes inflammation in the chest and as a result causes discomfort and pain.

It is always wise to get your doctor to check-out your symptoms, but if he/she has given you the all-clear you should take some positives from that.

kellym
01-03-07, 09:38
Hi,

i have had chest pains since i was 14, my doctor told me i was stressed although i cant think why had nothing to be stressed about, they made me think i was having a heart attack cos i had pains down my left arm as well, i still get them every now and then but i just breath slowly, the quicker you breath the worse they get. i also have a heart murmur but i know it has nothing to do with this. i do think it is just down to worry!
i just think to myself if it was something to do with my heart then something would have happened by now (im now 22)
tc
Kelly

mirry
01-03-07, 10:49
Hi I have inflamation in the rib cage and in my breast bone (because I was born with fused ribs) it does cause a sharp painful stab sometimes but is harmless, if you place a hot water bottle over the area it can help bring the inflamation down and also eating ginger every day helps keep it at bay.

When I was 18 my rib cage was so swollen it looked like I had a 3rd boob ,;lol. But now days you cant see it.

wobily_lin
01-03-07, 10:57
Elo,
yer i get this usually when im having a bad panic attack..same left side and i have ta stop n think hold on a mo is this a heart attack or anx..but for me its anxiety..crap eh? just another wonderful symptom for us x

mandie
01-03-07, 11:18
Yes i get these to, i know its all part of my anxiety but i still worry that its my heart

mandie x

russ
01-03-07, 14:17
Hi I have inflamation in the rib cage and in my breast bone (because I was born with fused ribs) it does cause a sharp painful stab sometimes but is harmless, if you place a hot water bottle over the area it can help bring the inflamation down and also eating ginger every day helps keep it at bay.

When I was 18 my rib cage was so swollen it looked like I had a 3rd boob ,;lol. But now days you cant see it.

Mirry, I get the same. One piece of advice from the physio I saw recently was to use ice instead of heat. I had been told by numerous doctors to use heat, but the physio said this can actually promote inflammation in the long term. He said both were fine to use, but he thought using an ice pack on the area was better advised for me.