PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety bad after assault - Need a chat

ShaunRyder
19-02-16, 17:24
Hi I am sorry if this a pointless post and maybe in the wrong place, but I was assualted last night and mugged and now i just feel really anxious, my two front teeth have been knocked back slightly and swollen mouth, i am also worried about my teeth but have emergency dentist tomorrow but worried what will happen?

I am just so scared right now about everything and I just cant calm down.

Chocolateface
19-02-16, 19:06
That is awful I hope you have people with you. It will take time to recover from this so be kind to yourself. Did you report it to the police, if so see if they can put you in touch with a support group.

What you are feeling is normal, I wish I could say more to help and support you

swgrl09
19-02-16, 19:51
I'm so sorry to read that you've been assaulted ... Have you been to the emergency department at the hospital? You should get checked out asap and they might have a social worker you can speak with for support. Or speak with the police too. Try not to be alone if you can ... It's normal to feel scared after something like that!

Fishmanpa
19-02-16, 20:38
Sorry to hear this happened. There's no doubt your feeling traumatized and anxious. Do you have real life support or someone you can talk?

Positive thoughts

ShaunRyder
20-02-16, 01:30
Thanks for the replies all. Yes I have my parents and brothers for support, but I just can't cone down. I am in two minds to press charges, the police came to the hospital but I was in too much pain to speak so they gave me a number to ring. I am just so scared what to do

Fishmanpa
20-02-16, 01:42
Call. The. Number! You need to make an official report!

Positive thoughts

MyNameIsTerry
20-02-16, 06:08
Sorry to hear this, Shaun.

It's going to be a shock for now and your anxiety is bound to be high, possibly for a few days. But it will go back down to normal levels once you get over the shock of something traumatic like this.

It's worth reporting though, that scumbag will keep doing it until he is caught and dealt with.

ShaunRyder
20-02-16, 23:02
Well after xrays and dentist it is confirmed I have hair line fracture, I have my mouth braced up and may have to have my two front teeth removed due to so much damage to the nerves as they will now not heel... Feel so rubbish!

Fishmanpa
20-02-16, 23:41
That sucks! Did you file a report? They need to try and catch the SOB!

Positive thoughts

ShaunRyder
20-02-16, 23:48
Yes made the call today, I have someone coming to speak to me tomorrow about it and advice me what can be done.

I want to take things further but I am worried that things will come back on me, like having his friends or family after me and being known as a ''grass'' or ''snitch''. :weep:

Fishmanpa
20-02-16, 23:58
This person assaulted you and committed a crime. That's not snitching, it's justice!

I had some idiot key my truck from the front to the back due to road rage. He followed me into the parking lot, waited for my wife and I to go in and did it. When we came out I saw it and also recognized his vehicle. They had cameras in the lot. I called the police, took photos of his vehicle and they have him on camera committing the crime. It's a felony "destruction of property". They got him and we go to court Wednesday. It's a slam dunk!

I hope they get the guy and he pays for what he did to you!

Positive thoughts

MyNameIsTerry
21-02-16, 04:54
It's not grassing, Shaun. That's something you do to people of the same ilk. I'm glad you have had the courage to do the right thing.

Think of it this way, who could he attack next time? If he is willing to take on a man, he will certainly be willing to mug a woman, an old person, a child, etc. Whilst anxiety makes this unpleasant, you need to think about how that could make you feel if it happened and you had the chance to stop it. Think about the other person who would go through what you are right now? You wouldn't want that, which is obvious since you wouldn't be on here talking about how it has affected you because you are a good person.

In reality, most of these people aren't connected so there are no revenge issues.

Is your jaw completely wired up? My big brother has had that so I know a bit about how frustrating that is. He had his broke in two places and he has to have all his meals liquidised for weeks. He lost a couple of stone.

ShaunRyder
22-02-16, 01:50
Thanks guys.

Yes I would hate it to happen to someone else, its not just the pain on the injuries it is also the mental side of things it does to you which can sometimes be worse!

The bottom of my jaw is fine, It is the upper part of my mouth(not sure what it would be called) but that is wired all across and have lost feeling in some parts which may not come back. Have also completely damaged the nerves in my two front teeth which will not heal which could result in them having to be taken out. Also may have to have a metal plate inserted(Not yet confirmed, so fingers crossed on that one!)

Just hope the Anxiety gets better soon as thinking all sorts at the moments, plus HA kicking in so heads just all over the place!

All this for just for going out for a few drinks for a friends birthday :wacko:

ShaunRyder
23-02-16, 02:52
Having a really bad night with Anxiety, just thought I would post on here.

Even though I was the one who was assaulted, I am worried it will be me who is arrested. (I know it sounds strange)

What happened was is we left the club, and this lad was being aggressive towards my friend. I went over and said it was the end of the night and no one wants trouble, he got aggressive to me and first he just gave me a slap so I just walked away and he followed me and my friends, he kept following and getting aggressive towards me so we walked to a taxi office where we saw it was busy, out of no where he headbutted me and hit me. After he got me everyone jumped in and pulled him away but he still was trying to go for me, he then argued with someone in the taxi office and it all started to kick off with him and some random people, me and my mates walked away and i got taken to hospital. I am worried I done something wrong and all this is my fault, not saying the bloke even got hurt as I walked away, I never threw a punch and remained calm throughout and got away when i could, Does anyone think I am in the wrong? Or just my anixety playing tricks on my mind? I am worried that 'what if' the bloke who attacked me then started on others and if he got hurt might try and blame me as he had the problem with my to start off with? What if the police think I caused this whole scenario and I will get charged and sent to prison? Is it likely I will get arrested?

All these different scenarios are going round in my head, but then I tell myself.. The police have al my details as I gave them to them when I was assaulted so if they suspected me of anything then they would have already come for me?

Man I feel so stupid but I dont know much about law and I think everything that has happened has made my anxiety 1000 times worse!

MyNameIsTerry
23-02-16, 04:41
Hi Shaun,

He has committed an assault, no two ways about that. Regardless of provocation, you still decide to assault someone so provocation is only a mitigating circumstance that could reduce a sentence, not always make you not guilty.

Look at the facts as you have just said them:

- YOU tried to stop a fight developing between HIM and your friend. At this point HE slapped you, which is assault.
- HE followed you trying to continue the situation and YOU ignored him.
- HE then proceeded to attack YOU by headbutting & hitting. Other people had to drag him off you.
HE then proceeded to argue with other people in the taxi office.

Where is YOUR crime in there? You calmed a situation down, walked away and didn't rise to his taunts as he followed you. You don't mention giving him any grief or insulting him, pushing or attacking him.

He even kicked off with other people in the taxi office which will tell the police and the Court exactly what he was like on the night and that it wasn't a matter of YOU, it was anyone as he had is probably a thug or someone who gets aggressive when tanked up. The police and Courts see his type day in day out.

You also have witnesses to each event. Whilst your mates are poor witnesses, those people in the taxi office won't be. Places like that tend to have CCTV for their own protection and it's possible some of this may have been caught on CCTV when you moved between the two locations. If the initial scenario happened outside the club, the door staff will also be able to verify it.

So, if what you have said here is all that happened, I just can't see anything to indicate your involvement in a crime. Whilst the police wouldn't arrest you immediately because of obtaining evidence, if you admitted to a crime they certainly would have arrested you on the spot if they thought you were telling the truth about committing a crime. You would have been under caution so they can take it further.

But one thing you missed out was that you originally said you were also mugged. That would change the type of crime here, it would likely make it worse on the offender as it's another action to commit a crime on his part. But you didn't mention it above?

ShaunRyder
24-02-16, 01:27
Thanks for the reply,

I replied via your response to private message.

I think I am making myself worried, just feels like my head is about to explode and feel so paranoid the police are after me... Just want my confidence back.

MyNameIsTerry
24-02-16, 05:31
No worries, Shaun.

I think it is only natural it will take some time for this to fade. It's been a right shock!

If the police come to see you, no doubt you will find it triggering BUT I would expect it will only be to discuss your statement in relation to what they have found out plus I would imagine they will be coming back to you anyway to keep you informed of their investigations. Try to bare that in mind.

I can't see you did anything that could be considered provocation. Your only mistake was making yourself a target but you couldn't have known how this moron would have reacted and what you did was the right thing - helping your mate not get into a fight.

Hopefully the other guy will be caught soon and banged up. He must have been caught on CCTV somehow and there are plenty of witnesses in the taxi office.

Stealing your wallet only adds to his crime since that wasn't at all related to what happened, he chose to also do that. He may argue in Court that was a moment of poor judgement, which would be reasonable given he was really looking for a fight, but the judge will still consider it a crime and add to his sentence. He had no need to take your wallet.