PDA

View Full Version : heart attack anxiety

lauramakin97
19-02-16, 18:00
Hi am new on here. Over the past few months have been having chest pains and heart palpataions. Been to doctors for an ecg and blood test but everything is normal. I still can't get the idea of of my head that i am going to have a heart attack eventhough medical evidence suggest otherwise i keep thinking they've missed something in the tests. Can anyone relate?

venusbluejeans
19-02-16, 18:08
Hiya lauramakin97 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

glassgirlw
19-02-16, 21:41
I can definitely relate. It helped me to read through the symptoms forum....there is a section dedicated to heart worries. Reading everyone else's symptoms and seeing how they mirrored mine really helped me to move past that worry. Best of luck!

Alio
13-03-16, 19:26
I can relate to you. I am 38 with 2 kids, husband and lovely home. I have everything. But i cannot get rid of these awful anxiety attacks where i fixate on chest pains, issues taking deep breaths and feeling like my throat is closing. Its just dreadful. I too have had various tests. I am fine. Some episodes make me want to run to A&E and the sensible part of my brain so far has stopped me (only exception being the first attack i ever had which was 4 years ago). I feel like a nutcase! Probably doesn't help you but its good to know other people go through similar experiences.